Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Is drinking liquor always haram???

Hibo   

Lately i have been really depressed. My people in my family have been killed. A brother was taken to prison for 25 to life and my wife walked out on me.

So i have started drinking liqour, and when iam under the influence i feel no pain and don't think about my troubles.

So in my case is drinking liqour allowed?

Salaan...

Duqa, first welkam oo isbarmuuto ii cab, instead of a cup of Vodka. smile.gif

And I am sorry for the tragedy that a family member had been killed. Ilaahey ha u naxariisto: Aamiin!!

Now, old excuses never die. Even Gaaladii aa dhaheyso saan:

Drinking alcohol to ease depression: This not only reduces the effectiveness of many of the medications you may be taking, but alcohol is a depressant that will make the depression deeper and last longer. Alcohol will rob your body of nutrients that are important for good physical and mental health, and impair your judgment. Drinking to ease the pain can only spell disaster.

From a counselling site on the net.

Marka, saxiiboow, whether your wife left, your brother imprisoned, or any other person you treasure passed away, nothing justifies that you drink Qamro. Even, say, if the whole world collapses on your head, qamro would remain xaraan. That is the way it is. Marka, as even gaaladii did realize that it doesn't ease pain or depression, why would you make yourself more depressed?

Baliis, read the Quraanka Kariimka. And seek a professional help--whether from wadaado, a family member, or even those so-called professional counsellors.

Macsalaama!!

Ariadne   

Drinking not only causes more problems emotionally, but in the long run does liver damage to drinkers and it sometimes get so bad they have to have a liver transplant to save their lives.