Sign in to follow this  
Land_Soldier

Ismail Buuba: I am Somalilander, so Please let me get back to Somaliland.

STOIC   

In Somaliland traitors are given a homecoming hero welcome, ha? Somaliland should be incensed at the seeming treachery of traitors like Buuba and Rageh Omar's brother...and Clan should NOT be everything!

We see it more in terms of Repatriation, Re-integration and Repositioning (RRR Programme). This Programme has been running since 1991 and it has worked for us.

Some of the participants of this Programme, have been very succesful. One fromer participant of the programme even became President of the Republic.

STOIC   

^So anyone can jump the ship and claim amnesty once the ship on the other side sinks...I still believe they should NEVER be trusted with public office.They are NOT principled.They can be given the permission to visit extended family, but not welcomed in the politics of the nation...

PS I have nothing against the Buuba guy, matter of fact I think I share lineage with him....

Somaliland, means its the Land of the Somali. Any Somali who is from that Land can become part of Somaliland.

Somaliland is not a belief, its not an ideology, its not a closed club for members only that you cant join.

So even Buuba can someday, when the time is right, come back and take part in the society of his Land. I think we can expect Buuba to come back soon. As soon as the TFG period ends and the TFG becomes history, he can return.

Somaliland’s money which is everywhere, Dubai, Djibouti should be brought to Hargeisa

JSLtimes

Hargeisa (JSLTimes.com) – Ismail Mohamoud Hure alias Buubaa, a Somaliland politician who believes in the Federalism, told the newspaper Geeska Afrika in an exclusive telephone interview from Nairobi that Somaliland’s recognition is within itself and should not be searched from outside.

images-75.jpg

“I advised the appointment of the Minister of foreign Affairs because he is a man who is good for the job and one who can deliver. He is educated and has acquired experience and can do a lot of things on foreign affairs.

He advised the new Somaliland government to put efforts on how it could inherit the many properties that belonged to the fallen Siad Barre government, which are lying around the world.

During the interview on Wednesday evening Mr. Buubaa said, “I advised the appointment of the Minister of foreign Affairs because he is a man who is good for the job and one who can deliver. He is educated and has acquired experience and can do a lot of things on foreign affairs. What Somaliland needs is stability and development in economical sector as well as the infrastructures such as roads, ports, schools and hospitals.

It needs the world. It needs recognition and I think the two people who can work for that are the Misters of interior and trade. My view is that recognition is not abroad but within Somaliland itself. Somaliland was not forced into the unity and nobody can force it now.

It should work on internal stability and play a vital role in welcoming the great number of apprehensive Somalis and this would raise international concern.

If we look at the side of trade, Somaliland should come up with a political mechanism that would bring the Somali money in Dubai, Kenya and Djibouti to Somaliland.”

Recalling his efforts when he was working for the government, he said “when I was the Minister of finance, I was the one who designed the Somaliland currency and I was the one who convinced the Company to print them. When I left the job, the government named it shilling. I named it Dirham and the Central Bank of Somaliland will be responsible of all the inheritance of the former government of Somalia – I said.

I convinced Britain that the Bank of Somaliland would be the successor of culture hence preserve the financial culture of the region and that is what is required now. I think the Somali money which is everywhere, Dubai, Djibouti should be brought to Hargeisa.”

Answering to a question of what he thought of the international community’s feelings in regards to the peaceful manner in which Somaliland’s leadership changed hands, he said, “It was highly welcomed and it won Somaliland respect but how to sell it and create something that is beneficial to the country is a different issue.”

Speaking on the general situation in the region he said, “This is a region with many problems on the ground. The country formerly known as Somalia of which Somaliland used to be part of is burning. Therefore I think what Somaliland does in trying to settle the Somalia problems will earn her respect in the region as well as by the international community. Somaliland should come with a plan as to how the problems (Somalia) could be managed. Somaliland only strengthens its stand of which I believe this will not harm it but strengthen it further. All that is needed is to dare and make the people understand the reality on ground.”

I know he is a nobody and you know that.

But some Koonfurions and diplomats from arab countries and western countries dont know that. They see him as the big politician from Somaliland in the TFG.

And with him being around Nairobi embassasies, many think there is hope for Somaliland to rejoin Koonfur. So thats why I think the Somaliland goverment would do a good job to rehabilitate him and let him get back to his beloved Hargeysa.

That would create a big PR for Somalilands when the former FM of the TFG and the former leader of Dirta Waqooyiga says on TV in Hargeysa, that TFG has failed and Somaliland should be recongnized.

Xaaji, in politics you need to create and display baloons and sometimes you need to deflate those balloons.

Just for the image of things you need to kiss sometimes and show the world that there is only Love around.

BREZNEV.jpg