Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

The recent fighting is a case of Auden's the necessary murder- good days ahead

Abtigiis   

Since its birth, Shariif and his government were hostages of Alshabab and other so called Islamists who determined its pace of action and direction. In a way, the recent war was inevitable if any meaningful governance is to be imposed in Somalia. There can be no two centrs of power in a state yearning to come back from anarchy. The decisive moment has arrived. Let us bite the bullet and fire back.

What is the next course od action? to me, it is simple:

- Get money, arms and ammunition

- Take time to plan the next offensive

- Build alliances locally

- Use the media and take control of shaping opinions( right now, Alshabab has the upper hand)

- Create safe-heavens for civillians

- Mobilise the Culuma for the cause

- and march on!!

The defeat of Alshabab + and other war-mongers will mark the start of the rebirth of Somalia.

Kamakace/A&T,

That is a tall order. Unless a foreign army intervenes on the side of Sheikh Sherif's government, I don't think they are able to come back fully from this early setback. Even in the case of a foreign entity coming into play, it will not be very helpful politically for Sheekh Sherif.

It seems to me that a lot of forces are at play not just Alshabaab. Certainly, there is clan Dynamics to the conflict that can not be overlooked.

Well the public opinion is firmly with Shariif right nown and he had the right rhetoric from the start, is substance and vision that he lacked and that is what caused this mayhem right now, basically his talk and action ( or rather in inaction )did not always agree.

Yes Alshabaab, Aweys etc is not the answer to solve the Somali issue but Shariif right now there is no laternative, is catch 22 for the ordinary Somali, a Shariif goverment to remain as it means the Shabaab & co will continue to oppose them ( more murders and clashes ), victory to Islamists will mean a Taliban style Somalia which result in foreign armies arriving to outst them. Either scenerio will mean more Somali bloodshed.

There must be another way and inshallah we will stike the right formula sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by Kamakace Limited:

Money will do the trick with the clan issue. Trust me, millions of Dollars of USD will tip the balance.

Not so fast.

I know from inside sources that Sharif gave 1 million USD and 1000 different types of weapons to Indocade and Goobale couple days before they switched sides.

In Somalia, nothing is more powerful than the power of the clan. Not even religion.

Abtigiis   

RR,

Don't buy all rumors and lies. No one will give Indhacadde 1 million or anything close. Use your head.Clans are led by clan elders and clan elders have interst. Ask Riyaale in Somaliland.

Resistance,

Yes I agree he may luck the substance. but what are the substance from your point of view? Whinning is not a startegy too. What do you propose? As much as I agree Shariif is useless, it is too early to judge him on this one.