Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Mike20

EAST AFRICA 2011-2012 - SOMALIA AND SOMALILAND

I believe the coming few months and the coming years the somali quagmire will be left with two players. This is what many experts are arguing today. As you know Somali's are emotional people, each one trying to vow supremacy for their respected little village that bares no important to east africa or the wider world at large.

Logically, when a situation is exmained, you can not go on the basis of hearsay, you have to go on borders, or military power i.e. who controls what militarily, so in what was refered to as Somalia is examined, it can be divided today into three Somaliland , Puntland and Somalia respectively. Thats how the U.N. divides it and the world. I believe like dust...these non existent entities will be swept with the wind in time, (mark my words).

Other weaknesses include according to experts it has already lost much of its support as its combat with somaliland troops has left it weaker not stronger, it also fails to find any real way to "liberate" las canod or even bring any development. over the next few months it is highly unlikely that this group of a few hundred men, with very little weapons can become any threat what so ever furthermore their elders have lost faith in them as well as stated by them a few weeks ago on the BBC

So, three authorities.Puntland..on the other hand, economically, security, politically and militarily has over the past few years become a non-grata (none-existent) entity.Its armed forces have failed to secure what they call its eastern front, namely las canod and eastern sanag, economically it is in dire straights as inflation rocks it due to high levels of fake currency. High number of shootings and criminality are also not stable for business or economies.

In my opinion, the only true viable entities that will determine the future of the horn of africa are Southern Somalia and its Al-shabab leadership who by majority are mainly criminal entities who travled from Somaliland to Southern Somalia, as most people dont know Godane was a theif in Somaliland before becoming a wadad in Somalia ( man its like another world over there).

Al shabab has managed to secure most of southern somalia. The lands that they have managed to take over are safe, functional, stable and economically viable. like those of Somaliland, they have huge population bases, such as kismayo, bay**** etc, were taxation and man power can be drawn from, similar to that of Somaliland. However al shabab lacks a strong governmental system of tax collecting and question remain if in an islamic state tax form muslims is halal or haram, islamically it states that tax can only be collected form christiens and jews or non muslims for protection, that why saudi arabia doesnt collect tax. So if al-shabab can not collect taxes then how are they to fund there army, pay wages, or finance there objectives?

THIS IS A REAL QUESTION?

As for somaliland, the country has a new government , the man is old, he is 75 years old, no one know what he will be like. However unlike Somalia the house of Gurti has the power to over through any government in power if it is against the interest of the state and put it to an automatic election to get a better government, so there are systems in place that gurentee a stable credible government. There are a few non-existent entities here and there however most of these seem to be organised by people abroad with no real credibility in the state except with a few. Economically, it still premature to tell, what the situation will be, as the currency Somaliland shilling is stable, increasing and trade especially in private enterprise is good. Alot of diaspora investment also goes home yearly. The country also has a strong tax system which stretches from the djibouti border to las canod and this provides for the army, and government workers with an income and military hardware. The international community has also promised assistance as well as Ethiopian military hardware if alshabab threaten the security of Somaliland.

Furthermore the referendum in Southern Sudan as it becomes the first non-colonial state in africa to gain independence will as some experts argue open the doors for Somaliland's own case in the african union, as their excuse currently would no longer be credible because of the case of Southern sudan.

So this year will be an interesting year, now..like good somali's that you are..get back to talking garbage.

THE FIRST...those the dust..of history will take away are the band of 300 so called SSC..men running around like rats.

saxib I AM SSC...SOOL, SANAG AND CAYN ARE MINE.

caynaibo is the largest city in Sool, its people are Somalilanders,

Sanag 80% is Somalilander including the regional capital Erigavo..

Cayn..buhoodle, is also mine as the entire outside of the city is nomadic grazing land majority Somalilanders.

The first part refers to this group of dreamers, keep dreaming.

THE FUTURE OF SOMALIA ..IS BETWEEN SOMALILAND AND AL SHABAB EVERY OTHER PLAYER...will be something of the past.

nuune   

so in what was refered to as
Somalia
is examined, it can be divided today into three Somaliland , Puntland and
Somalia
respectively.

I believe like dust
...these non existent entities will be swept with the wind in time, (mark my words).

as most people dont know Godane was a theif in Somaliland
before becoming a wadad in Somalia ( man its like another world over there

THE FUTURE OF SOMALIA
..IS BETWEEN
SOMALILAND AND AL SHABAB
EVERY OTHER PLAYER...will be something of the past.

saxib I AM SSC...SOOL, SANAG AND CAYN ARE MINE.

The international community has also promised assistance
as well as Ethiopian military hardware if alshabab threaten the security of Somaliland

Originally posted by Captain_Mike20:

Sanag 80% is Somalilander including the regional capital Erigavo..

Maxaa SOl bolo xiiqsan maalin walba imaanaysa? War how dare you come up with nonesense figures like this one?!!