Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

2 die in Mogadishu blast(killing families of sheekhs)

Xoogsade   

2 die in Mogadishu blast

31/12/2006 10:24 - (SA)

Mogadishu - Two civilians were killed and one injured in an explosion that rocked a house in northern Mogadishu near the former residence of Somalia's Islamist movement leaders, witnesses said on Sunday.

The explosion in Yakshid district occurred days after the Islamists fled the capital ahead of advancing Ethiopian troops and tanks deployed in the country to help the weak Somali government.

"It seemed it was hand grenade blast ... I was sleeping in a house near the explosion scene and minutes later I heard people shouting help," Abdukadir Hassan Dahir, a neighbour, said.

Dahir said a woman died on the spot and her 12-year-old daughter died early Sunday, while the woman's husband suffered injuries.

"We don't know why they are throwing explosive things in the houses where civilians live," said Nurto Said Bare, suggesting that the explosion was sparked by the device thrown from outside

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,9294,2-11-1447_2050229,00.html

Xoogsade   

I meant to add the info at the bottom but got called in to address some technical issues at work.

There are targetted robberies and unreported killings in some xaafado aimed at families of the icu troops who fled. I came to know this during a conversation with my family back home as I was checking on how they were doing and how was their area. Amxaaraaba ag deggan xataa.