Sign in to follow this  
wacdaraha_aduunka

Sol members a political force to be reckon with?

I mean c'mon there's one thing at least we all have been tought from posting endless comments is the art of having a civilised and academic discussion abouts whats going in Somalia and the world in general, but also so wide topics from tax laws to law and order to busines ideas. I know we have some spoilers but if all the rest came together and started a political movement and started to influence the politics back home by first at home and i definetly know we got a member in any part of the world and could just poopin in for a visit in they're foreign ministry's office and tell them the situation back home as we see it. What if we turn the tables and shakle the ill policies of our parents and grand fathers and let the younger generation rule. Besides any country would wish to have the same diaspora coming out of civil war to have tens of thousands of graduates in many fields and english speakin but also many other languages but also most important have faced the governing system of they're host country and can draw the good sides of it. The little guy in china or congo only hears about democracy in the news or universal education and health care the latter was intended for the somalis in europe :D and what benefits it has but also that the state shouldnt interfere with citizens that much and what fortunes you will receive when you have acces to higher education and flourish and have a decent life if you go it alone and open a business. I definetly think that the ones in SOL are probably one of the most talented and free-minded young somalis in the world. So seriously even if you're not willing to spend some time on this ask yourself the famous question:

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.

And who else will do if you wont!

Emperor   

^Good idea brother, I am afraid every1 is busy with his life... then again, unlike most of the Somali diaspora perception, I believe Somali politics is controlled or driven by people from inside the country... the diaspora only send petrol to fuel the conflict however have no say at all...

Originally posted by Emperor:

... the diaspora only send petrol to fuel the conflict however have no say at all...

In other words (let me rephrase it for you adeer):

the diaspora
like me, Duke or JB
only send petrol to fuel the conflict however have no say at all.

Boowe a lot more frankness is need in here ;)

Emperor   

^Adeer I never sent any dim for any political reason apart for humantarian... I doubt Duke did either and JB is from Somalia you cannot include him the diaspora, by the way those men can speak for themselves but its the likes of you, the naive, inactive and less-logical that can be brainwashed to send money for war and to cause more trouble in that part of the Horn...

See ?? ,, it already started ,,, :D

Well, it is a good idea Wacdaraha that we should do that but the disagreement comes in the first place to decide which country is which ,,, i believe Somaliland and Somalia are two different countries. Then then the argument goes on.

I mean look we all got our differences in terms of feudial nonsense like qabiil and other fadhi ku dirir topics but all these are rooted in economical deprevation. Once you have an educated class of somalis who have been abroad and seen policies that actually make's difference in they're lifes and apply it to Somalia or whatever you wanna call it all these differences are going to evaporate. An example Jamac who lives in Beled-weyn use to vote for the party that was solely made up by his immediate clan and Farax in Borama used to do the same. Jamac opened up a business and is quite succesful in this matter but was having problems with employment laws in his federal region Hiiraan but the x party in Awdal was promising if they're was elected in the colitioning government( presumably one clan party wont have enough majority to govern whole of somalia) they would cut the federal employment tax and so would help the finance of his business. Dont you think Jamac will vote for that part....more money more sense. And Farax who is currently unemployed and hears that party in hiiran would introduce in the government a federal unemployment benefit of some sort wouldnt he vote for that MORE MONEY MORE SENSE!

Once the economic situation has been developed then these issues of clan rivalry which is in tun over wealth i.e. grazing land and camels and plantations wouldnt exist. Its easy but need people like us to formulate the good policies we've all encountered in the West and apply it to our beloved country . Ps. JB brother when the guy in hargeysa who's a good plumber finds a job in kismayo and the security guard lool in luuq finds a job in burco then all this mess about somaliland and somalia will end! Inshalaah

and do you think i will agree with you to end Somaliland. Bro, here comes our differences, you think Somaliland is for qabiil and i think it is not. You want Somaliland to unite with Somalia and i don't. You don't have to use economy to push me there.

Again, you forgot to add this to NFD, Somali Galbeed and Djibouti.

Let's find another solution coz i can see the differences already started here before we even go further.

Basically i agree with the idea but only when Somaliland and Somalia is considered two different countries and any solutions based on this.