Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom_Seeker

Somalia: Tribal Wars Restart in Central Region

Fierce clashes between two tribal militias have once again started in Galgadud and Hiran provincial settlements, central Somalia.

The tribal fighting has restarted in and around Goobo settlement after Ethiopian troops withdrew from the area two days before.

The two tribes, namely ******* and *******, have been fighting in the past over pastoral lands and water well.

At least 80 people have died since the fighting between the two tribes began.

The latest battle has reportedly happened in settlements between Mahas and Elbur districts central Somalia.

Reports from Muqokori in Hiran province indicate that at least 8 persons who were wounded in the tribal war were brought to the tiny village for treatment.

Tribal elders in Hiran said they were committed to play positive roles in soothing the discrepancies between the two warring tribes.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200701250363.html

Clans wars, dear.

Clan = qabiil [isku jinsi ah, kala ah laakiin jilib/bah/tol/reer/iwm], ethnically the same.

Tribe = qowmiyad, ethnically different [kala jinsi].

Kiikuuyu, Masaay and other tribes in Kenya and other patched up tribes into made-up countries of Afrika by colonials consist tribes, unlike the ethnic Soomaalis, who are clans.

Miskiin, I consider all Somalis as one Ethnic group, but we have people who claim different ancestors. I guess “Somali” is the tribe. :confused:

I don’t pay much attention to qabil.

Nonetheless, i went along with what the article stated. I couldn’t possible have edited what i didn’t write. smile.gif

I thought you wrote that. Oh, it was a copy-and-paste miyaa?

It wasn't a Reuters-worthy article, so I thought inaa adiga soo summurize gareysay. Next time its source soo raacsii.

Yes, the word Soomaali/Samaale is a tribe, like Kiikuuyo, faraciisana clans u kala baxo.

Of course they are non-ethnic Soomaalis that are Soomaali by nationality, but waa yaryihiin kuwaas.

^^

Sure will. I edited my post and added the source.

Well it is good to know that Somalis are all from one tribe, but that will not help us resolve our man-made conflicts, which are all inconsequential compare to the similarities we share.

RedSea   

80 have died? Goodness..and no one heard about this.the death of Somalis is priceless it seems.

Ilahayow dadkan masaakiinta wax badbaadiya usoo *** oo dulmigan ka dul qaad.