Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland vice president seylici visits awdal borama + pictures.

The Zack   

^I thought u knew where I was from as you stated earlier :D .

P.s. Gunagado is located in Dhegaxbuur Zone, it is somewhere between Qabribayax and Dhegexbuur.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Thankful:

I noticed that to! Lets be honest soldiers with uniforms are intimidating. They give out so many bad messages - most importantly that there is no security.

You've got a point.

This lady had a kinda negative "security" impression of her visit to your Pirate State bacause of paranoia and too much protection. A supposed armed minister did not help either. Then again, maybe it's all justfied considering happened to his fellow minister.

Thankful   

The government was waging a war with Al Shabab just to the west of Bosaso, but the location of the conflict was not static. The military intervention had begun on 7th August, three days before we arrived in Garowe.
I had been in constant communication with Issa over the last few weeks and knew about the pending conflict.
The government forces were winning, having stormed the main training camp during our day in Garowe. A major concern was that splinter groups of Al Shabab soldiers had fled to hide in villages near our planned route to regroup. This was perceived to be the main danger for us.

Actually you dont need to speak on her impression. She clearly understand (as we all did), that during her visit our forces were engaged in a mountainous battle with Atam and his Al Shabaab fighters were on the run. Which you enclave admits Atam belongs to.

So I agree security had to be extra tight! Yet despite that she was able to finish her journey without incident.

Now the question remains, why did your enclaves vice president require that much security among his own community?

Booqasho1_14.jpg

You realize he is being protected in the same manner that officials in Mogadishu need to be?

AYOUB   

^ Maybe you're reading too much into that photo. Here is a video of the visit to give you a wider context of the photo. He aslo seem very popular during the his campaing too. smile.gif

So I agree security had to be extra tight! Yet despite that she was able to finish her journey without incident.

Well... lady says...

“ This may have felt very constricting for us but Issa, the president and all the government officials and their families must live this way all the time; virtually imprisoned in their own homes and offices. They can’t venture down the street or wander off for a walk. ”

“Issa arrived back from the frontline, tired but ready to travel with us for the remainder of the journey. He said that the president had been very nervous about allowing us to go that morning and nearly called a halt. The fact that we were using two bullet-proof vehicles along with the ‘technical’ unit helped convince him to let us go through. We also said goodbye to the president’s guards as they had been called to the frontline. A new set of soldiers joined us having just returned from the conflict. Sadly we later learned that three of the president’s special forces who had protected us between Garowe and Qardho had been killed in an ambush. ”

Thankful   

Well... lady says...

Well the lady says?

Lets look at what others say about your security.

Just a few weeks ago during your trade fair in Hargeysa this is what somaliland.org wrote

nwsomalia.org

At a recent trade fair in Somaliland, people behind booths are trying to hawk their products and attract some foreign investment.
There also are lots of cops walking around with AK-47 assault rifles.

That is your capital which should be the safest and according to JB people can't even walk around with knives. But it requires "lots of cops with Ak-47." But you want to point out Puntland needed security?

I'll be the first to tell you Puntland has a security issue because of the threat that one of African biggest terrorists groups Al Shabaab poses! They are close to our border as well as Atam.

Yet in Awdal your vice president required armed militia with rifles among his own community. What is the danger? I watched your video and I suggest you look at 4:25 and on, and you will see the guards. They are dressed just like they would be going to war! Again, he comes from that community does he really need guys in miltiary uniforms and rifles?

the president and all the government officials and their families must live this way all the time; virtually imprisoned in their own homes and offices

Also, Watch this video by NTV Kenya Report Yassin Juma who went to Lascaanood at the beginning of this year. He discusses how dangerous Laascaanood is and how they needed to travel from Hargeysa to it only at night for security reasons, and when they got there no vehicles were allowed in or out of the town to ensure security.

He talks about how the city has militia stationed at every corner and how the city resembles more like a military barracks than a town.

So if Lascaanood requires that much security and militia, do you understand why Gaarowe the Puntland Capital which is very close by, would also need the same for its government officials??

NTV Kenya - Yassin Juma report

So if you want to start pointing out sensationalized stories that foreigners are writing about Somalia - than I can too.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

quote:Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

:D:D:D

4d.-Typical-terrain-barren-stony-plateau

That's awesome!! JB you quoted and laughed at your own post??

I understand why you lead the forum in posts!!

AYOUB   

So if you want to start pointing out sensationalized stories that foreigners are writing about Somalia - than I can too.

I quoted her because your own self had used her before.

AnywayS, I agree with you guns should be out of sight. smile.gif

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

4d.-Typical-terrain-barren-stony-plateau

Oh dear :D

This is exactly why someone from Awdal was made vice-president is so he can travel to the region and reassure the people.

Will you be saying that when we have a VP from LA? I thought you were an advocate for getting these people in high offices just to turn around and say this? WTF