Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Somaliland registrations will be completed timely.

RedSea   

Somaliland: Voter Registration Will Be Completed.

The Somaliland National Elections Commission has recently commenced the voter registration drive for the 2009 Presidential and local assemblies´ elections briefly postponed as the result of the October 29th terrorist attacks in Hargeisa.

The voter registration programmed funded in part by the Somaliland government, the European Union, the United States government and several other non-governmental organizations is using bio-metrical technology to assure the validity of the process and the accuracy of the eligible voters across Somaliland.

The voter registration programme has now been completed in five,( Awdal, Marodi Jeh, Sahil, Togdher and Sanaag), of the six Somaliland provinces.(n.b. future voter programmes will take place in each of the 16 newly created provinces of Somaliland).

The last leg of the voter registration programme began on the 2nd of January in the region of Sool. There are expectations that the process will go smoothly in this region. The killing of two Somaliland soldiers who were providing security for the National Elections Commission officials outside of Buhodle in Sool will not halt the process.

The people of Somaliland deplore the killing of these two soldiers, gunned down as they did their duty for their nation.

In a region beset by violence and mayhem, Somaliland stands as a beacon of success and stability. It was not unexpected that those elements afraid of the ballot box would resort to their usual modus operandi.

The people and the government of Somaliland remain vigilant against such crimes, and assure the international community that the voter registration will proceed and the 2009 elections will be held on time and any remaining issues will be resolved in a democratic and judicial manner, as befits a politically mature and stable nation.

The path of democracy is a long and arduous journey, and the people of Somaliland have been on this trek for the last eighteen years, and they will not be deterred or thwarted by acts of desperation from the undemocratic elements.

The citizens of Somaliland will be registered and they will exercise their democratic right in the spring of 2009.

Ahmed Kheyre -

Abtigiis   

voter registration is not an end by itself. The process will be judged by how the votes are casted and whether the real winner is declared a winner.

Beyond ensuring good governance, what else is this process suppossed to bring about? JB seems to imply recognition. Not here, but somewhere else. I am afraid that is not coming. Not that I am against it, but the dynamics have changed. I think Somaliland's honeymoon for recognition is over.

JB salaams sida kale. Baryaan kala maqneynoo waan kuu basaasee, Ninyahoow ma nabadbaa????? :D:D

Abtigiis   

Nuune, war bal breaking News ka soo daa. Adigaan ku sugaye, anigu waxba ma hayo. Wixii vacation'ka aan soo arkayna waan soo wadaa.

Sida kale, goormaad diyaarad nagu soo kor mari doontaa?????/

nuune   

imika unbaan ka soo noqdey holiday, warar abur kicinaya ayaan soo wadaa ee ha moogaanin.

Inshaa Allaah dhawaan baan idiin soo gaari doonaa

Ayatollah, the registration is another step forward in the process of the strengthening the democracy in the country. Some people may say it will bring recognition but that is a bit exaggerated.

Casting the vote will depend on the registration process which will be finalized in few days time Insha Allah.

Recogntion is another issue which will come in a separate way like it or not. I know the enemy is shocked about the success of this process but the people's will is going to come true.

Now, you need to prepare your place here after the recognition be it to find a minyaro or you find a husband for one of your daughters or sisters ,,, we have to be connected anyway ,, :D

Waar bal sheekooyinkii fasaxa soo daa ,, kuwaasaan anigu sugayaaye ,,, :D

Abtigiis   

JB, as a prelude I can narrate what happened in Zambia, when I took my whole family to a clinic. The receptionsit, a Zambian beauty (if that doesn't sound oxymoronic for you), with all the endowments behind, waxay igu samaysay.....

Apparently getting my phone number from the form I filled in and clearly enticed by the green 100 USD I deposited (for I didn't have Zambian Kwacha), my phone rang while enjoying dinner with my familiy.

My wife: hello?

The Zambian girl: Is Mr. [Abtigiis] there?

My wife: yes. War hoo la hadal qof baa kula hadlayee

Me: who is this?

ZG: It is me. The big girl at the reception this morning. Can we talk?

[i run to the toilet]

Me: yes, what is it?

ZG: I want to see you?

Me: why?

ZG: to have fun.

ZG: becuase it is good to have fun? I am now standing at the petrol station in fornt of the clinic. Are you able to come? Home is just few meteres away!

Me: [thinking war anagaa wax agarnay] but why do you think I am ready for fun, especially when you saw I was there with my family??

ZG: I just thought we both need fun!

ZG: ihi!hihi!come on! you gave me a fat tip!

Me: sister, I am sorry. I am not the type of man you thought I am. I am coming tomorrow to the clinic to collect the change. I will bring your Kwacha and will take the USD.

ZG: fine, but some think in your eyes told me you wanted me?

ME: something in my eyes? [war ma dhilay baan u ekahay]. Mise ishaa igaga fakatay?????????

I latter told the wife the girl was asking me to bring the Zambian money! And took her with me while delievring. Ma ninkaagu dayday buu u eg yahay baan u sheegaa?????????????

Abtigiis   

REALLY BIG! Intay la'ekayd hadaad aragtoo BIG maadan ku dayseen. I doubt I would have made to here haddaan afaarahaas galo! Way i hugfi lahayd?

Malaa waxaad noqon lahayd sidii ninkii dhuubnaa ee naagta huge ka ah isku doontay ee isagoo hawshii badhtanka marinaya ay ku hindhistay ee gidaarka ka soo go'ay ?? ,,, :D