Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somaliland: Dilemma which passport to hold

The people of Somaliland face an intriguing dilemma: which passport to hold? Somaliland declared its independence from the country of Somalia 17 years ago. Now Somaliland has its own flag, its own national anthem and its own passport. But the international community refuses to recognize the breakaway region -- which means its passport isn't recognized either.

What's more, Somaliland's constitution forbids its citizens to hold a passport from Somalia. This catch-22 has spawned a black market, as Richard Lough discovered on the streets of Hargeisa.

The people of Somaliland face an intriguing dilemma: which passport to hold? Somaliland declared its independence from the country of Somalia 17 years ago. Now Somaliland has its own flag, its own national anthem and its own passport. But the international community refuses to recognize the breakaway region -- which means its passport isn't recognized either.

It seems reality is hitting JB in a slow motion, but I am glad the massege is getting through :D

baasaboor.JPG

Taleexi   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Dee kayga ........... I'm a die hard remember ? ,,
:D

Very subjective response indeed smile.gif

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Juje:

JB adigu ke isticmasha?

lol...good question...

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Dee kayga ........... I'm a die hard remember ? ,,
:D

...lol midka aad suuqa bakaaraha ka samaysatay haye? It is ok anyway I think xaq baad u leedahay inaad isticmaasho waayo Soomaalinnimada adigaa ka cararaya ee iyadu kaama cararayso!

JB...horta markii uu kaa dhaco xaggee ka cusbooneysiisataa? Suuqa Bakaaraha again?

First time I came across the so-called passport of Somali land was at Addis Gegideeda dayuuradaha. Elderly fellow oo wata ayay u diidanayeen inuu duulo. He was actually convincing the authorities that this document is accepted by the Ethiopian authorities. Meeshii baa iigu danbeysay.

True story this.

/Rumeyso ama ha rumeysan.