Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

UK and EU welcomed the 26 of June elections

UK - MFA - Henry Bellingham welcomes Somaliland's elections

'I welcome the important Presidential elections held in Somaliland on Saturday 26 June. The process has so far been peaceful, and an example of the restraint that has contributed to Somaliland's stability in recent years. I acknowledge the professional work done by the National Electoral Commission, and commend the parties for the peaceful campaigning that preceded election day. I urge all political parties to continue to respect the process and wait for the National Electoral Commission to announce the results. The UK looks forward to continuing to work closely with Somaliland, whichever party wins.'

EU Heads of Mission welcome the Presidential Elections held in Somaliland on 26 June 2010

"We commend the National Electoral Commission (NEC) for the leadership shown in the preparation and conduct of the elections. Political parties and their candidates have shown maturity during the election campaign. We also recognize the valuable domestic and international support in promoting a democratic environment."