Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Nur Cadde's Proposed Officials Reject Regional Posts!

N.O.R.F   

Now they can't find someone to become governor!

The interim Prime Minister of Somalia, Nur "Adde" Hassan Hussein, was grilled with questions on the parliament floor Thursday, where he tried to defend the credibility of his administration.

Prime Minister Nur Adde, who returned to the south-central city of Baidoa yesterday, told lawmakers that his four-month-old administration is continuing to pursue national reconciliation to end Somalia's 18-year civil war.

"My administration is trying hard to stop all the raging conflicts, to help Somalis understand each other and to establish a consensus government," Prime Minister Nur Adde said.

He admitted that there is general insecurity across the country, citing the lack of resources as a primary factor crippling the transitional government's ability to secure the country.

"After research, we have found that the security forces are not paid and do not receive food [on the regular]," the Prime Minister said, adding that the government will train security forces with a national character to help restore order in Somalia.

The Prime Minister was asked several questions by the MPs, but his responses were concise and at times vague, according to parliamentary insiders.

It was later decided that the parliament would continue questioning Prime Minister Nur Adde at a later date.

Officials reject government posts

Yesterday, a decree issued from the Office of the Prime Minister appointed a new administration for the central Hiran region after former Governor Yusuf Daboged was chased out of the provincial capital Beletwein by Islamist guerrillas last month.

Prime Minister Nur Adde appointed 15 officials to hold various government posts in Hiran, including the governor, the mayor of Beletwein, and commanders of the military and police.

But at least seven officials named by the Prime Minister for Hiran region have publicly rejected their posts.

Relevant Links

East Africa

Conflict, Peace and Security

Somalia

The two deputy governors, three deputy district commissioners and the regional military commander have all refused to accept their posts.

Col. Ahmed Elmi Guute told Garowe Online that he is "not ready" to hold the post of Hiran regional army commander, especially in light of the recent assassination of the last man to hold the post.

Beletwein has lacked an effective regional government for the past two weeks.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200805020472.html

Onething the Al-shabaab/ICU succeeded is to scare everybody that nobody wants to hold a post in the TFG (Tigre Formed Governemnt) ,,, :D

Fabregas   

Tolow what happened to the warlordki who was the governor of that region? The one apparently gidarka hotelka ka boodey?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Ilaahayoow JB qalbigiisu ma fogee noo soo leexi. kaligii baa ku filaan lahaa hawlo-dhan.

Ma waxaad rabta in aad JB u dhibtid, a bit of this:

istockphoto_322430_dynamite.jpg

maqiiqane, Waar orodoo caashaqal digaagga nagala tag niyow ,,,,, :D

looooooooooooool@Abu ,,,,,,,, wax kele ma rabo ninkaasi ,, :D

Abtigiis   

You saw the other guy (Emperor) attacking me for being Pro-Somaliland. Somaliland inaan jeclahay ma hadal baa ka taagan. Taasi waa dirito. But I always think if a just somali nation (with no possiblity of the old regime's Type come back) and with mutual self-respect is attained, we could all be one proud and great nation. Maybe I am too idealist. But one thing I will never accept is trying to bring the country back togather by violence and war.

You have to realise it has been broken apart for 17 years sxb ,,,,, To have a big Somali territory is the dream of every Somali in this world but it is not just realistic for the time being.

Abtigiis   

Agreed, walaahi. I admire you sense of Somalinimo. That is not always the message I hear from your area, and it is good to get the feel. The main thing has to be for people to love one another whether under one flag or ten flags. That is my philosophy.

Arabs are all Arabs ,, yet they are divided into many mini-coutries ,,,, the big wish is to unite all the Arabs one day but they chose to live like this this time ,,,,, being friendly, more wealthy and better generation.

isn't that better than what is happening in Somalia ?? ,,,