Sign in to follow this  
Nationalist

Why foreign intervention is very disturbing for me

I'm for the deployment of International peacekeepers, because I think the chance we can make the new Somali government viable will be much greater.

Yet I have to say the feeling is bittersweet, for every sane person knows what damage the foreigners can inflict on the people.

In this case again, the southern Somalis especially Mogadishi will feel the brunt.

Let's pray to Allah that Somalis will not suffer these atrocities below nor find themselves in a déja vu of yesteryears.

I like to conduct my further post with graphic images that will speak more than a thousand words.

Mogadishu:

somalia%20kick%201992.jpg

Kismayu:

all.three.jpg

our brothers in Iraq:

apachehit2.jpgapachehit1.jpgvideo

Remember that all the victims on these graphic footages are innocent civilians.

Rahima   

Worse still, any inhumane and corrupt actions of these soldiers will reflect negatively on the government and hence create distrust.

Once you loose the trust of the people you lead, you have nothing and might as well resign.

On the other hand though, does the government have any other option? You can't have Somalis policing Somalis, so we have to resort to foreigners.