Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somaliland on Aljazeera English's People Power

"It does not include Sanaag, of course the state of Makhir"

Caamirow, thinking like this is why somaliland occupies both capitals of Sool and Sanaag today ee maa joogted with this maakhir state nonsense. What would take, the occupation Badhan, dhahar or laas qoray?

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Northerner:

A well presented piece covering many issues.

In the introductory part, the presenter seems to display sheer ignorance both in history and the current politics of this region. What is obvious from this report is that she was misinformed.

Nevertheless, it is good documentary.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

"It does not include Sanaag, of course the state of Makhir"

Caamirow, thinking like this is why somaliland occupies both capitals of Sool and Sanaag today ee maa joogted with this maakhir state nonsense. What would take, the occupation Badhan, dhahar or laas qoray?

Which one is better? Remember if Sanaag were part of Puntland, the map of Somaliland by AlJazeera would have now included both of these regions. Maakhir's strong lobby from the diaspora helped in this case and you should appreciate the effort.

I have discussed the advantages of this state many times and its legal implication. I am not going to repeat myself.

You are mistaken if you think they occupy Erigavo. Erigavo has been a multi-clan city and it stays in that divide. The city is peacefully divided into Makhir and Somaliland.

"Remember if Sanaag were part of Puntland, the map of Somaliland by AlJazeera would have now included both of these regions. "

This doesn't make sense caamir, it would either be part puntland or Somaliland. and though this maakhir idea has not went beyond few house in badhan, how can you not see that happened to laas caanod will happen to badhan? AS for ceerigaabo, there is a Somaliland flag but no Somali flag, am i wrong.