Sign in to follow this  
Sabriye amp co.

Iranian PRESS TV: Ethiopian Gen. 'slaps Somali President'

Ethiopian Gen. 'slaps Somali President'

Fri, 22 Feb 2008 16:20:44

Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed

Ethiopian General Gabre Heard has slapped Somalia's interim President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed twice on the face, officials say.

The row between President Yusuf Ahmed and Gen. Heard started after the president accused the army general of disobeying the orders given by the Somali government, a Somali official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Press TV correspondent in Mogadishu.

Irked by the Somali President's remarks, who accused the Ethiopian troops of firing artillery at the Presidential Palace and the government bases, the army general slapped the Somali president on the face.

The angry general then swore that he would kill the president and left the room.

Following the quarrel, the president called Amison peace keeping troops for security.

There is speculation that a conflict could arise between the African Union Mission in Somalia (Amison) and Ethiopian troops.

Gen. Gabre has his supporters in the government, including Mogadishu Mayor Mohamed Omar Habeeb and head of the security agency Mohamed Warsamme Darwiish.

MRD/RE

Source

---

This makes a patriot set fire to his country flag! Shame i tell you..

^Somalis have no patriots.

It looks there is a rift between the stooges and their masters. That's might be to resistance's benefit!

P.S. Isn't Darwish Yeey loyalist.

Thankful   

a Somali official, speaking on condition of anonymity,

and you actually post this? the "international press" Iran lol, is quoting some imaginary person. I guess they haven't learned like the rest of the world not to believe anything coming out of Somalia. After they do the research it's always written by another tribe.

President Abdullahi Yusuf has said many times that "the somali press has buried me 100s of times", but they never stop with lies after lies after lies. It seems to always be his enemies from the south and northwest that post this nonsense. Is the approach now that if you can't beat him, slander him?

Akash   

JB. lol, Maalin dhowna Waxa ku Dhici tabtii Madaxweynaha Kilinka 5.aad ku dhacday...

This is Tigre trick ninkii yaqaan baa yaqaan...

Fabregas   

Ethiopian "slaps" Somali president. I wonder how the masses in the world would react to that story? Probably a negative story for all Somalis regardless with what political stance they take.

Xudeedi   

What would you expect from a general who commands the biggest occupying army in the region.

Which person is valuable to the imperial regime that protects the TFG?

What is happening in the O land and in Mogadisho is a testimony that nothing restrains Ethiopia from its full release of wrath against our people.

Over 300 police puppets of the colonial Ethiopia were arrested. Is Abdillahi occupies much higher position than those servile servants facing extrajudicial torture as of now?

Nin iimaan xumaadoo, arligisa nacayoo

Ibliis daabaystoo, ka eedoobey ehelkiis

Sideyduu u eedaa, wuxuu oon ku cuno iyo

Afartiis waaxood, iyo arag ku waayaa

Alla ummal i saaqyey, alla urugadeyday

Egga toobad keene, ifka yaa i geeyoo

Iilkeer uraayiyo iga saara Alanbaqa (!)

From the book, "Garbaduubkii Gumeysiga" by Faarax MJ. Cawl

Xoogsade   

Did anyone watch one of A/Y's recent interviews by Universal TV posted on SOL? He was adamant about Ethiopians never leaving Somalia so I doubt Gabre would scold A/Y let alone slap the old hag.

If this is true though, it tells the world that somalia is no more and has been annexed officially by Ethiopia. The incident means placeholders like A/Y outlived their use as a meaningful tool to occupy somalia and are equal now to the average somalis in the eyes of the occupiers.

I don't think the news would reflect negatively on somalis except strengthen the view that we are occupied and the so called rulers are nothing more than useless men slapped around when they fall out of line. It legitimizes the opposition to the Xabashis and the war against them.

Xoogsade   

^ Riyaale is equally a pu-ssy, and I can't believe I used the word. Just to stress a point saxib. Let us face it, Nin rag ah kuma jiro inta wax xukunta somalia. Waa wada dulli iyaga iyo wixii taageersan.

Thierry.   

If true who else should we blame but him. The man humiliated himself and the country when he asked for Ethiopian mercenaries to tame his own people. He chose violence over negotiations and like all puppets their service to their master is only for a short time.

I was watching Chingis khan documentary last year where some men of his enemy brought their leader to him so that he would spare them. First thing he did was boil the men that brought their leader for lack of loyalty.

Abdullahi Yusuf has been disloyal to his nation you think Ethiopia are going to trust him. The man is in very harsh position bad deeds, rubbish advisors and faulty strategies have caught up with him. The time when he should be respected as a Somali elder we vilify him not because of hatred towards his being but the actions he has chosen to live his life by

Xoogsade   

LOL, JB Heerkaas maa gaartay saxib? Inaa iska dhaadhiciso somalia inaa ka tirsaneen?

Hal qabiil waddan ma noqdo bro, taariikhdii gumeysiga ingiriiskana soomaalida waa ka socotay. There is new game in town called clanism. Riyada somaliland waa kugu kaligaa qabiil ahaan. Inta afka kaa raacsanna waxay la'yihiin wax kale oo ay isku halayn karaan, some of them who never supported secession moved on on their own like Maakhir state, our burgeoning new state, the rest of the clansmen in the north markay helaan something they can rely on, you will be alone as well. Needless to say when somalis see honest movement who stands for unity, brotherhood, and islamic laws, the clan politics is replaced with islamic one. You remember how Somaliland rulers found themselves in a difficult position in the ICU days. Puntland was as fearful. Soomaalida intay islaamka cagaha hoostooda ku haayaan iska riyoo.

It is not time we talk about Somaliland here ,,, your so-called president is slapped in his face and you still want to divert the attention to Somaliland ,,,, nice try.

FatB   

wow toure your words are full of spite, admittedly i agree with you, A/Y has been negotiating a minefield for a long time its about time one of them blew up on his face....