Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Galkacyu: The city admin, police, security needs to be CHANGED

I smell civil war, but good people of Burtinle are willing to mediate between these brotherly groups, Xiin and I would be on committee :D

But seriously, sad affair!!

Guys don't sound like if the state is in somewhere in Ole USA. This is Somalia and official get killed, nothing new there. Few years back Mayor of Bosaaso I think he was nick named "Sayruuq" was killed for clannish revenge. Bosaaso chamber of commerce head was killed in Garowe for another clannish revenge. Months ago Governor of Karkaar region was killed at road block for no apparent reason. So, take these shades you guys are wearing and pray there is no revenge that follows this or worse a sub clan warfare.

I have a hunch that this is going to be much easier than most people think. the 2 men who killed the minister are KNOWN. the subclan they belong to are more than willing to apperhend them and hand them over to the authorities in Mudugh.

the subclan whom the minister belonged have shown a remarkable calmness and patience so far. and the reason Faroole come to Mudugh is not to merely partake in ministers funeral. It was to say that the minister does not belong to a particular subclan, he belonged to Puntland. And it's Puntland that will serve justive to those behind his killing.

this tragedy poses an oppurtunity to fix a broken city that has been neglegted primarilly by its people, and past admins as well.

^^^The Qhardo killing not only were they apprehended they were executed. Thus you have no point, as for this issue it is in the government hands.

Also there is nothing to mediate, the men will be hunted and executed just like in Qhardo.

Che, governor of karkaar killers were apprehended and think have been sentenced, but my point was that official got killed before, as some were saying "seefta banaanka" was the first to be killed.

Xiin, that is a good development brother, hope it settles down peacefully.

Originally posted by General Duke:

^^^The Qhardo killing not only were they apprehended they were executed. Thus you have no point, as for this issue it is in the government hands.

Also there is nothing to mediate, the men will be hunted and executed just like in Qhardo.

Hunted by who? You are talking about a city where the criminals are taken out of prison by their kinsmen in broad day light. And the prisons are taken out and shot in front of jail. Did the rule of law change over night?

NGONGE   

It's strange that this stuff is taking place away from Laas Canood! It's always been the tradition that some kind of killing or fight would happen in that part before or during Ramadan!

Are reer Puntland turning their eyes to the 'other' side of the border now?

(Don't mind me. I am just trying to see if my SL outfit fits).

Gheele: Things have changed since a minister has never been killed in Puntland before. Today even the accused clans most extreme can not support their criminals.

Galkacyu for all the hype is not all that violent, the problem lies with the corrupt admin and that has been under review for a while now.

As for these men they are being hunted as we speak, a large group the ministers clan, his supporters, and the state itself all want an answer. Thus things have changed overnight even the President of the state is in Galkacyu.

Thankful   

In the Puntlands history never has a minister been killed. There is a reason why this man didn't have any body guards, people had a respect for the Ministers. When I was there, I remember seeing the former finance minister Gaagaab would walk with one guard (a guard who looked like one of the most serious and angry looking guys). This was in Garowe and you'd think someone who is the finance minister would need more. I saw him at the airport and in the city. Before Ministers either had no guards or 1. The more and more I look at it, this doesn't have to do with tribe. People have disputes and people lose their lives, but the revenge has never been directed at a minister or the government. The question must be asked here and with the murder in Kakaar, why are government officals and now minister being killed?

canoco1.jpg

this is something I found online (not the best example), but the guard in the back was the only person that use to travel with him. This was the finance minister, who had lies spread against him that he had stolen millions of dollars, yet he still didn't need to be protected with tons of security.

Duke I hear you bro, but it's because the killers family are willing to turn the killers rather been hunted. I hope they got the punishment they deserve.

Qardho, Qardho, Qardho, Qardho - Qar laydinka tuur! :D

FYI: regarding Those killers and their accomplices: even though some of them were sentenced to death - that has not still taken place - argument over the two who fired - which one's bullet actually killed the Governer and family being pressured to accept blood money rather than killing these men. they are however still in jail. family leaning to accepting the blood money - apparently one of their kin was killed while back and they accepted blood money hence the pressure. besides Marxuum Yaasin Saacid had four wives and few children - apparently the blood money would help them rather than the killers death so are some reasoning.

leave Qardho alone now and learn to spell properly.