Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

City’s 1st Somali Bantu refugee to graduate

I am very happy and in fact wish a lot more Somalis would better them selfs like him, but what the hell is the first "bantu"? Do these people really call them selfs bantu?

Juje   

Somali bantus have been going to colege for many years, and have many literate and reputed learned figures wthin the Somali society. And over the years since Somalis have been living in the States, the Somali Bantus like their compatriots Somali Nomads have been graduating from colleges and universaties in their fair share.

This article comes across as if it is the first Bantu to ever graduate, and that is not truly reflective of Somali Bantu.

Fabregas   

Yes, one of the founding fathers of S.Y.L was Somali Bantu, Sheikh Sakhardiin I think it was. Nassib Bundo also led a rebellion against slavery.

also, people don't attach their clan names the Somali, they either are or not! Wouldn't be silly if we all walked around talking about am a Somali d, or somali H or Somali I?

Cara.   

^That's because the only D, H, and I (that took some thought) are Somali. But there are non-Somali Bantu.

Emperor   

It's Good news that one of our Somali brothers have graduated, however, there was no need to publish it...