Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Education: fundraising event for U of Burco,Doha,Qatar

RedSea   

PRESS RELEASE: A Fundraising Event in Doha for the University of Burao

Friends of the University of Burao (FUB)

Qatar Chapter

Nov. 29th, 2006

I hereinwith express my great appreciation for the helping hand that the University of Burao has recently received from our larger community here in Doha, Qatar and now have the honor to send my heart-felt thanks to all those who got involved during the preparation time and made the musical fund-raising event on Thursday Nov. 3rd, 2006 a success story.

It is also my great pleasure to report that the University of Burao is now $5,100 (Or Five Thousand and One Hundred Dollars) richer as a result of your collective effort in that night, which will also go a long way in terms of securing a bright future for our younger generation.

Now my special thanks go to Mr. Abdirazzak Suleiman Gas, a young singer with a promising future, who had generously entertained the audience that night with his immense talents in the musical field. I must also thank the Waaga Cusub team who also served us both as organizers in the event and a support system for the lead singer.

My very special thanks also go to the notables in our society who spared no effort in this mission, in order to help me succeed with the funding-raising event for the university.

And they are:

Mohamed Jama Musse

Farah Ahmed Hersi

Rahima Mohamed Jama

Sh. Ali Farah Mohamed

Finally, I am forever grateful to our wonderful business community members here in Doha, who have generously responded to the clarion call for the university fund-raising campaign drive. And we are all indebted to their kind consideration in this matter. They are:

Abdi Hassan Jama and his Dahabshiil Company--Doha Branch;

Natra Saeed Abdulla and her Mirage Company—International Property Consultants;

Abdullah Yusuf Askar (Suzuki) and his Diamond Apartment Hotels; and

Nur Yusuf Mohamed (Xidig) and his Hargeisa Restaurant in Doha.

Faithfully yours,

Zeinab Mohamed Agib

Executive Member, the FUB Team

University of Burao