Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Should drugs be legalized? The Somali opinion.

Originally posted by G G:

quote:Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

Ok, religion aside, anyone else?

Yeah you're right, let's go to the table and snort some coke! Get your dollar bill out!
Actually, coke was legal until the turn of the last century when Europeans came in and made it illegal. It wasn't even considered a drug by the natives of south America. Believe it or not, Coca cola use to have coke in it, hence the name Coke. Coca leafs are still chewed by the natives in those countries. Gives you energy.

Seeker stop scaring people, drugs are like anything else if used in moderation. Food could be bad for you and detrimental to your health if abused, and so are many things.

Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

quote:Originally posted by G G:

quote:

Ok, religion aside, anyone else?

Yeah you're right, let's go to the table and snort some coke! Get your dollar bill out!
Actually, coke was legal until the turn of the last century when Europeans came in and made it illegal. It wasn't even considered a drug by the natives of south America. Believe it or not, Coca cola use to have coke in it, hence the name Coke. Coca leafs are still chewed by the natives in those countries. Gives you energy.
Thanks for the brief history lesson. I actually did know about coke in Coca Cola. The thing is, the coca leaf that was chewed by the Inkas isn't the stuff you buy in a shady East-London alley. Cocaine as we know it today is nothing like the coca leaf natives chew, so it's useless drawing parallels between the two. The leaf has about 1% of cocaine in it, whilst chemical cocaine could be anything; it could be mixed with a bunch of other drugs which could eventually kill you. It's a huge gamble. And if that doesn't kill you, the addiction will take you down.

GG you do know those plants are more potent in terms of the amount of coke they have right? They aren't processed or dilluted with anything which actually makes it more dangerous and gives you more high than what u buy from the low drug dealer on the street. Granted the stuff u find on the street has more other things in them (dealers do this to increase their profit) and aren't pure, but it's still not as dangerous. The fact of the matter is, if the gov't would stop their war on drugs which hasn't worked and legalized it would solve a host of problems.

Originally posted by SeeKer:

quote:Originally posted by Nin-Yaaban:

Seeker stop scaring people.

:confused: How was I scaring people?
With your stories of how drugs are bad and should remain illegal. smile.gifsmile.gif

SeeKer   

Ok seriously ...........how? I thought I was making your case for you! ~ungrateful so and so~

Ps:- Stop eating afur by the computer ;)

Originally posted by SeeKer:

^^Speaking in $ and cents but your moral fiber negates everything in the face of logic.
:D

I know, tell me about it :D

I could have quit the nine to five boredom.

Nin-Yaabin-I know it's legal Vegas the Sin City. I think the brothels are on the outskirts of the city-I wonder if it's economically viable enterprise granted it's not all about flesh.

GG you do know those plants are more potent in terms of the amount of coke they have right? They aren't processed or dilluted with anything which actually makes it more dangerous and gives you more high than what u buy from the low drug dealer on the street.

This is simply not true. For someone for drugs, you sure seem to be ill-informed. The coca plant has 1% of cocaine in it, sometimes even less. When they [the leaves] are NOT processed, they are SAFER because they contain so little pure cocaine or other chemicals. Let me tell you briefly how the process goes: coca leaves are gathered and then macerated with kerosene, sodium carbonate (washing soda) sulfuric acid (for example used for wastewater processing) and water. It becomes coca paste, which is then converted into cocaine hydrochloride (they snowy white powder we all know) by adding a number of chemicals, which could really be anything.

The fact of the matter is, if the gov't would stop their war on drugs which hasn't worked and legalized it
**would solve a host of problems**

Enlighten us.

Originally posted by -MARX-:

quote:Originally posted by Fu-Fu:

Personally I think the idea of legalizing drugs is absolutely ludicrous.

YES! Fu-Fu this is true. I agree with you for once. Laakin was your decision made by your ethics or because you work out. there is a big difference.
I dunno how I missed this one. smile.gif . Fu Fu steroids are partly considered yknow that right. smile.gif soo marka alaabtan kale waxba haka sheegin. Lol ulama jeedo in aad bahashaas qaadatid...qof weligiis dhahayo waan qaataa ma jiro.

GG you prolly got that off one of those sites that are anti-drugs. It's all lies, and mislead people with made up facts. Once again, Coke has some chemicals added to it during it's processing, but like I have been saying it before what other food product we eat has no chemicals in 'em? The gov't is making it worse by banning it, and dealers adding more impurities to what lil coke they can smuggle into the country. If it was legal, we'd be getting top shelf coke, heroin, Khat, and Geedo. Watch this documentary film called Food Inc. about the food industry and you'd promise urself to never eat supermarket food. Remember, everything they say is bad for you is really not that bad. It's all LIES! Few addicts are giving the rest of the responsible users a bad name.