Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

LOVING HIBAAQ-CALANDER

Abtigiis   

Loving Hibaaq- Calander

There was no question that I loved Hibaq. For all she has: the pretty face, the upkeep and the warm reception I am accorded whenever I reach their home. But Hibaq has her own weaknesses as well. She was not talkative, but she had an insatiable proclivity for rumours and current affairs. The day I found her standing near a crashed car, asking the wounded driver whether it was a faulty brake or malfunctioning steering that caused the mayhem, I just gave up. Few weeks before, in Alla-Magan Restaurant, she had to be dragged out by Police while trying to find out whether the brawl inside the kitchen of the Restaurant had resulted in any fatality. And the odd thing is she has to cancel a serious social commitment – A Hagbad to come to the city centre and follow up with the story she heard from women-folks.

That trait of her was a hot point of our disagreement. Some days, we arrange to meet at Lixda Galabnimo- just after the BBC finishes its afternoon session, and she will come at the next BBC broadcast at night. And the explanations are always absurd: “Did you hear Tusmo Cabdullahi inay foolanaysay for the last two days?” Sometimes, I get agitated. “So what? I am a Traditional Birth Attendant or her husband?” The sad thing is Tusmo wasn’t her relative or friend. You may think Hibaaq is a humanitarian and a voluntary social worker. But so many of my friends told me that one day as an old women struggled to carry a Jerry-can of water to her house, she didn’t offer any help.

No one expects, with her tender age, she could be so politicised. It is entirely possible that in the middle of a heated love-talk, she can abruptly, and excitedly, jump and exclaim “ Horta did I tell you that Gudoomiye ku-xigeenkii Gobolka in la xidhay?”. And she will go on and on explaining why his arrest will offer a panacea to the social ills of the community and the profile of the new Guddomiye, who she says; she has inner information who he will be. She is usually right.

In our early blissful days, I enjoyed her detective nature as I parade with pride among the boys, when I hear that she found out inaan Ina-Ilka case la sheekaysto and she goes and insults her up to her neck. Indeed, when I ask why she had fought with someone I don’t even know [lying,of course], she would say, ‘I was buying bread from this shop. She came to the shop and her sight was awful. She spreads rumours that she is your friend. On top of that, she asked me, ‘Haye, naa miyaa laguu soo fadhiisanayaa? I never miss such a jab'.

But, hers was more than just an inquisitive display. The itineraries of who is travelling outside or coming inside, the schedule of matrimonial ceremonies, Geeri and tacsiyo, afartan-bax, diiqo, Sagaalaysi, what she calls Baadhi (Party), and warqad laga qaadayo nin, isfasaqaad etc filled my life with a lot of confusion. But it was the talk of my peers-sharp and caustic, that finally forced me to call it the day and cancel the wada-socod. Abdi-Dalab yelled at me sarcastically “so, what is up this week? At least you have an access to a human ‘Calandar’”. That hurt.

STOIC   

I think he is entitled to indulge his taste in these kinds of crush-girl squeeze stories (and offend those who disapprove it :D )

Carry on, this is one of Many that are on the way.......

Abtigiis   

stoic, salaan sare and thanks for your usual support. Who, except the usual suspects- Ibti and co, is against exposing some weird love stories! :D

Ofcourse if they think I, in the story stands for A&T, they are mistaken.

Ibtisam   

You call this love story?, and why in your stories must you always pick the most retarded girl! What kind of one sided story is this??? :rolleyes: If you want to nit pick at certain characteristics you observe around your women folks, iska caadeso, don't hide behind stories. Yaa rabbi. Maax kuu caadibey?

Fuulehy with your underhanded digs! icon_razz.gif Caar caadisoo your opinions without a story! icon_razz.gif

Abtigiis   

If It is my misfortune to meet such girls quite often, is it a crime to talk about it? At best, you would sympatize with me.

Abtigiis   

^^^ waryaa NGONGE, shame. How dare you compare this dumb to Ibti? Ileen waad iska hadashaa????

I think Ibti is a woman Matador, not a careless rumour-mongerer!

NGONGE   

^^ I know and you know what aspect. Lets now make it public (even though we already did in a previous thread or two). :D