Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Any SOL Nurses ???

Nursing Clinical Instructor/lecturer (12 months) vacancy

The Hargeisa Institute of Health Sciences (HIOHS) has a vacancy for a nursing clinical instructor with significant overseas experience to contribute to a programme of work being implemented to enhance nursing education within Somaliland. This rewarding position offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the development of human and institutional capacity, crucial for the rebuilding of the health system in Somaliland.

Clinical Instructor/lecturer

Reporting to the Head Nurse Tutor of the HIOHS*, the postholder will be based in Hargeisa, the capital of Somaliland.

Essential

* A recognised professional nurse or midwifery qualification

* A minimum of three years recent experience within a relevant training environment

* Evidence of teaching skills e.g. Certificate Ed, PGCE, or extensive teaching experience.

* Education to degree level in a related subject area

* Excellent communication and presentation skills

* Excellent English language skills – both oral and written

* Ability to use the clinical supervision process effectively

* Ability to identify and use opportunities for self-development

* Commitment to the values of equal opportunities

* Ability to use I.T. skills, including power point

Desirable

* An additional nursing registration e.g. Learning Disability/Mental Health /Adult Nursing/ Paediatric Nursing

* Postgraduate level education

* A publication record in relevant professional or research journals

*Recruitment will be undertaken by the Tropical Health and Education Trust (THET), successful applicants will be employed by THET on secondment to the HIOHS.

To apply, please send a CV and a one page covering letter to Rachael Coker, THET, 1 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0AE or by email to rachael@thet.org.

For full job description please visit www.thet.org.

Closing date for both applications is Monday the 20th October 2008.

HARGEISA INSTITUTE OF HEALTH SCIENCES

SOMALILAND

NURSE TUTOR TRAINING PROGRAMME

Job Details

Job Title: Clinical Instructor/Lecturer

Hours: 44.5 hours per week, 8hrs a day x 5.5 days a week

Locations: Institute of Health Sciences

Reports to: Head Nurse Tutor Training Programme

Overall Job Purpose

The post holder will contribute to the successful implementation of a new Nurse Tutor Training (NTT) Course, with a specific focus on strengthening clinical skills and practice.

Communications and Working Relationships

* The Directors and Tutors of the Hargeisa Institute of Health Sciences (HIOHS); the Faculty of Nursing, Amoud University; Burao Nursing School; and the Edna Nursing School

* Ministry of Health and Labour

* Somaliland Nursing & Midwifery Association

* Hargeisa Group Hospital Management

* Maternal Health Care Centers/Health Centers

* University of Hargeisa

* Kings College Hospital & THET

Key Responsibilities

1. Assess clinical setting

2. Prepare clinical teaching plans to support the successful delivery of the NTT course curricula.

3. Prepare NTT students to undertake the learning experiences e.g. provide unit plan, reading material, time-frame and other requirements

4. Responsible for preparation of lessons & delivery of teaching session as required

5. Ensure all essential materials/equipment for the clinical experience are prepared prior to teaching

6. Ensure training equipment and the training environment is adequately maintained and promote safe working practices

7. Maintain audit/inventory of skill lab equipment & supplies

8. Develop an innovative model for clinical experiences within health facilities capacity

9. Deliver effective clinical teaching and undertake marking responsibilities as required

10. Communicate with managers of health facilities to facilitate student’s clinical placement

11. Maintain professional & effective relationship /communication with health facility manager and staff

12. Ensure the safety of her/himself, co-workers, students, and patients through the application of professional standards and code of ethics

13. Ensure effective clinical supervision and practice facilitation of students

14. Assist NTT students to implement self assessment mechanism

15. Assist NTT students to utilize clinical assessment tools for their general nurse students

16. Provide positive criticism to student clinical performance and record negative or positive anecdotes to support you during student evaluation

17. Identify learning tasks, simulated situations and provide access for interaction to all students under her/his supervision.

18. Utilize feedback mechanism to assess mastery of concepts, skills and attitudes and to re-enforce learning.

19. Maintain accurate competency based evaluation tools

20. Provide counseling and advice to students as required

21. Ensure that the programme code of conduct & standard procedures are observed

22. Participate in the quality assurance the work of other clinical instructors

23. Collaborate with health facilities managers in improving the quality of care

24. Attend training seminars and workshops to meet personal CPD needs.

1. Participate in programme related events

1. Undertake any additional duties deemed appropriate to skills, experience and ability.

Person Specification

Verified at interview (I), by application form (A) or by a test (T)

Essential

* A recognised professional nurse or midwifery qualification (A)

* A minimum of three years recent experience within a relevant training environment (A)

* Evidence of teaching skills e.g. Certificate Ed, PGCE, or extensive teaching experience (A/I/T)

* Education to degree level in a related subject area (A)

* Excellent communication and presentation skills (A/I/T)

* Excellent English language skills – both oral and written (A/I)

* Ability to use the clinical supervision process effectively (A/I)

* Ability to identify and use opportunities for self-development (I)

* Commitment to the values of equal opportunities (I)

* Ability to use I.T. skills, including power point (A/I)

Desirable

* An additional nursing registration e.g. Learning Disability/Mental Health /Adult Nursing/ Paediatric Nursing (A)

* Postgraduate level education (A)

* A publication record in relevant professional or research journals (A/I)

Other Information

General

All employees are expected to comply with statutory requirements and the employment policies whilst carrying out their work. This post is one of continual development and the post holder will be encouraged to develop skills and capabilities, including participation in projects and training events. Accordingly, the range of duties and responsibilities outlined above may change from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the organisation.

Equal Opportunities

The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the equal opportunities.

Performance Review

Overall performance will be formally assessed and reviewed regularly, with additional informal assessment taking place as necessary.

Health & Safety

The post holder is required to promote safe working practices.

Confidentiality

All employees are required to work in a confidential manner in all aspects of their work.

Oz   

Gigi, you should consider this oportunity, it comes one in a life time take it. The institute can wait till you graduate. :D

Yes that is the main language ,,,

I'm not sure about the salary but the interested persons can contact the institute directly and ask them whatever the questions they have.

I personally think it is a good opportunity as the term is not that long but the hey, consider the experience.

:D:D .... Horta maxaad taqaanay ??

No financial advisers are needed yet .... they just don't want to plan for it ,, they like to just eat before it is planned. lol