Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

25 Years from the Death of Mohamed Moge Liban

MOHAMED MOGE LIBAN Died on 4th of June 1984 between Dhagahbur and Aware.

He has been a great composer, singer, warrior, teacher and above all a great man indeed.

Today, few hourse from now, the 25th Anniversary of his death was marked at Maansoor hotel in Hargeisa. It was a great pleasure to be there and i learned a lot from his history, life and so on.

His sister was also there ........ I will leave you with the details.

Blessed   

Can I ask about the sudden fascination with MM? 25 years after his death? Everyone is talking about him now..

I've watched a documentary on his life on universal TV the other night, it was pretty good. But why the sudden interest, ma waxbaa soo kordhay?

Allah Yarxamuh.

The Zack   

Aaliyah, I don't know if it is haram to celebrate for someone oo waa hore dhintay (allaha u naxariistee) but what I do know is it is haram to celebrate with guitars and music for the dead. I think we should be praying for him rather play music and bring guitars.

Sophist   

Ma hero-yadii baa JB idinku yaraadey waa see xaalku :D joke!

Toloow hero worshipkan shabaabku maxay ka dhihi doonaan! just give us a few month huh! ;)

Aaliyyah   

I know its okey to pray for him. My aunt who passed away several years ago may allah have mercy on her soul used to always bring all of us together and make us read quran for our grandparents or anyone who died in our family..and just muslims out there. we would come together cook a huge dinner read quran and what not..so that's fine. I don't doubt for a minute that people can gather together and pray for the dead person/ppl. But, to celebrate? that's different I assume.

salaam

Poker   

Mahomed Mooge liibaan was a real icon. There is a whola district named after him in Hargeisa.

For some reason he is the only singer most people (wadaad and waranle) truely respect and admire.

ILAAHAY naxariistii jano haka waraabiyo..AAMIIN

dar alaad u hurudaa

waxba dunida kama ogid

dila baan la odhanoo

DUUB CAS aan naxayniyo

DARAAWIISHI kuma helin.

adigoo dad lumiyoo

aar daba maraayana

DACAW waanu kugu ciyin.

Maxamed Mooge aka Ladane was a teacher, poet, song writer, actor, singer, composer and more importantly, a freedom fighter.

He was assisinated for no reason, just poor hatred.

haday taladu baahdoo

arin kugu balaadhoo

kula tago bacaadkoo

uu boodhka kugu qayo

ama buura dhaadheer

oo guudka baraf ku leh

kula baxo dushoodoo

lama baraq nuglaadee

waa daris bari hore

kaa baaqday adigoo

MAWLUHU ku barayee

la jiifiyaana banaan

la joojiyaana banaan.

He believed in Somali unity at first (Shanta Somaliya)but he later realized, like most of us, that dream was unrealistic.

La jiifiyaana banaan

La joojiyaana banaan

Here is a poem he composed in Xalane training school in early 70s during the time when the majority of Somalis were supporting Kacaankii Siyaad bare.

MA OG TAHAY ASKARI JAAHILAAN AMAR KA QAATAAYE

MA OG TAHAY AFCADAAN CUNAA MALAHA IIDAANE

MA OG TAHAY WAXAA EER SADAA ODAYGA (siyad bare) WEEYAANE.

Herer   

All Hats Off to Mr. Mohamed Moge Liban for all his heoric acts.The only and one Mujahid fought for the struggle for his people. May Allay bless and Show his Mercy on him.

STOIC   

That is my cousin (so I was told) Once upon a time my grandfather and his grandfather (could be great-grandfathers smile.gif ) lived together in a place called Salaxley exclusively and in area around the towns of Aware and Daroor...Now can this sijui guy claim some piece of Somali history! :D

Poker   

Max'd Mooge ralated to a lot of well known people in both sides of his family.

The famous singer by the name of Dararamle and Max'm mooge were HABRA WADAAG.

Maxamd Mooge

Ahmed mooge

Cabdi qays

Xasan ganay

Ahmed good shimbir

Ahmed Ali dararamle

Faisal Omar Mushteeg

...were all related...I think JB knows it.

:D