Sign in to follow this  
Ariadne

S.O.L movie reviews

Ariadne   

Here's how it's gonna work. we review movies we have recently seen theatre or rental. And give them a 1 - 10 for ratings. 10 being the highest rating and 1 being the lowest.

And you have to explian why... you think it's a smash or a crash.

I'll go first.

I went to see Curse of the Golden Flower over the weekend. I normally love Chinese movies, however this one was an exception.

Seriously, the movie had great potential... but it was a flop the way that a lot of movies are nowadays.

The fight scenes would go from amazingly beautiful to unmistakenly lame within seconds.

The pacing was ridicoulously slow!.

There were many unnecessay camera shots of the prince walking down a long hall and entering the room.

And as soon as this scenes was finished I thought they would use this device once and only once, boy was I wrong!

And as for the final battle scene just becuase you can use thousands upon thousands of cheap extras in China does not mean you have to.

WE GET IT CHINA HAS A LOT OF PEOPLE.

All in all I say this movie was a 4.5... it was saved by it's brilliant costumes and wicked set,

but it was still a crash.

-Lily-   

Val, likewise, but don't be put off by one review, I still intend to see it. Will be back with my review.

Ariadne   

The Italian

subtitled Russian film

It's that time between winter and spring, when the weather is indecisive and icky.

And if your one of those people (like myself) who like matching weather, movies and moods. Then the Italian is for you. Se in Siberian Russia.

The Itlian is about a boy at an orphanage who is being sold to an Italian couple in less than two weeks.

When one of the children's mother comes back to the orphanage to reclaim her child.

The boy(I forgot his name) decides to take this as a sign to set in search of his own mother.

The landscapes and scenery match the mood throughout the movie of unescapable bleakness.

And on his adventure he meets other kids along the way. The Itlain gives the viewer a peeping keyhole into the world of children without s; its rules and hierarchies.

The only thing I was unsure of was the ending, however it gives me another reason to see it again. The Itlains was an 8.