Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Grozny - the most destroyed city in the world

Chimera   

I noticed these pics of Grozny, on a different Somali forum I really disgust, it is/was without a doubt the most war wrecked city since Warsaw and Manila 45', remember this?:

grozny2600d_belyakov.jpg

Eskenazi13.jpg

but look after a few years of calm and regeneration/construction:

dglcnt.jpg

2itqumb.jpg

2lnv3w7.jpg

Taleexi   

Nassir: Grozny had a population of approx: .5 million prior to the war. It was not only one war rather three subsequent wars that reduced Grozny what it is today. Once USSR disintegrated, Chechnya wanted to be treated like other republics, and General Dudeyav became president, however, Yelsin rejected because of its strategic location, Chechnya is landlocked and major oil pipe goes through there, Russia didn't want an independent state in its midst and that is why they crashed the Chechnyans...... The last major war was in 2000.

The last major war was in 1996.

incorrect: last 2000.

Boris lost the war - Putin picked another fight in 1999.

Reconstruction is progressing. By June 2006, out of more than 60,000 apartment buildings and private homes destroyed, 900 have been rebuilt. Out of several dozens of industrial enterprises, three have been partially rebuilt — the Grozny Machine-Building Factory, the Krasny Molot (Red Hammer) and Transmash factories.

original poster - don't fall for the propaganda.

Residents of Grozny are not that much better of then the residents of Mogadishu - they are both occupied and some are living terrible conditions in both places.

Timur   

I knew a khatlander would bring the silly comparisons. I'm glad he put down the green stuff and didn't continue.

Anyway, as others have said, Grozny's last battle was in 2000 and it has already been rebuilt. Xamar is only scarred, its not close to destroyed, it just needs regeneration not rebuilding.

^^why do have so much hate in you man. in almost every thread your spewing hate. Sort it out dude.If you dont have anything positive to say then dont say anything at all.

Anyway there has been alot of direct investment from Russia, hence the rosier picture.