Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

thought for the day!

Ibtisam   

Do not be idolatrous about or bound to any doctrine, theory, or ideology. All systems of thought are guiding means.

Do not think that the knowledge you presently possess is changeless, absolute truth. Avoid being narrow-minded and bound to present views. Learn and practice non-attachment from views in order to be open to receive others viewpoints. Truth is found in life and not merely in conceptual knowledge. Be ready to learn throughout your entire life and to observe reality in yourself and in the world at all times.

cheers :D

Khalaf   

Sheh, I am glad I inspired you :D

And i agree, read twice before u respond mind plays tricks on u :D Salaam

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Do not be idolatrous about or bound to any doctrine, theory, or ideology. All systems of thought are guiding means.

Do not think that the knowledge you presently possess is changeless, absolute truth. Avoid being narrow-minded and bound to present views. Learn and practice non-attachment from views in order to be open to receive others viewpoints. Truth is found in life and not merely in conceptual knowledge. Be ready to learn throughout your entire life and to observe reality in yourself and in the world at all times.

cheers
:D

This is too much... you said THOUGHT of the day but you jotted down a whole philosophical outlook.

My head hurts!

Mowgli   

"Never yield to remorse, but at once tell yourself, remorse would simply mean adding to the first act of $tupidity a second"

Ibtisam   

“If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence.†—

ScarFace   

"I am an idealist. I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way."

It's the crowded bus then :mad: :mad:

Anyone wanna give me a ride home ;)

Bullshit. It is NOT that hard to understand, you simple minded morons! (sorry bad day! feel like unloading! Out of my way).

Rest of it fine, but I have this one problem with the quote:

Do not think that the knowledge you presently possess is changeless, absolute truth

Does this include Islam and belief in Allah. 'Cos me is thinking this is the absolute truth and there has been nobody, not a single human who has been able thus far to falsify it. Further, unfalsifiable theory = truth.

I hate cut&paste crap.