Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

Apartheid anno 2003

Coloow   

Assalamu calaykum,

I attach an interesting article written by A. Dualeh on the discrimination of somalis in Denmark.

Apartheid anno 2003

Danish citizens of Somali origin, Somali immigrants and Somali refugees, statistically 15-20.000 individuals but in reality much less, in the kingdom of Denmark have, for the last 6 years, been subject to a rather peculiar form of discrimination.

Danish politicians competing for popular votes found the ethnic Somalis to be an easy target for all kinds of horrendous and collective dehumanizing accusations.

As disorganized as they are, the Somalis, and with no national diplomatic services nor international humanitarian organisations willing or interested in giving their case due serious consideration, they have become prey of summary ill treatments such as unwarranted police house searches, smear campaigns in the national press etc. Their situation is so bad that an ever increasing exodus of Somali refugees out of Denmark has been taking place for the last couple of Years.

It is reasonable to say that, the Danish political agenda of gassing the Somalis out of Denmark has been successful.

Some members of parliament had in 1996-97 even threatened, should the Somali refugees be unwilling to leave Denmark voluntarily, then we (the Danish authorities) will wrap a parachute on their (the Somali refugees) backs, load them forcefully on cargo planes and drop them over the african deserts!!.

The means of dehumanising witch-hunt

Of all the immoral and false accusations, circumcision of women has been and still is the most dehumanizing tool, it is in fact this totally baseless and insane false accusation, that our politicians have used preparing this new apartheid legislature.

To justify this apartheid law, our politicians have used…(misused?) among others, a greedy Somali woman, Mrs. Samya Yusuf Ali, a notorious liar, who for the sake few Danish crowns in pocket money, air ticket and hotel accommodation at a conference in Addis-Ababa, has sold her soul, national pride and committed an act of defamation against all somalis.

She was used as rubberstamp, giving the impression that she represents the Somali women in Denmark, by a so called inter-ministerial committee which fabricated a false report on the matter. In this and on several seminars, conferences and published newspaper articles, she consistently declared that more than 98% of all Somali girls of 4 - 14 years of age are this day today subject to genital mutilation performed or sanctioned by their Somali parents due to their primitive and barbaric culture and heritage!!!.

As she kept being used to spread this politically and racially motivated false propaganda on Tv, radio and news papers, confirming time and again that she in fact knew of specific Somali girls who have been circumcised, and that this practice is taking place here in Denmark, and as the Danish law specifically requires that any positive knowledge by any civil servant of cases of circumcision, to notify the authorities, I requested her to share this knowledge with the responsible authorities.

Mrs. Samya Yusuf Ali refused to do so, and at this point I had no other choice but to file a complaint with the criminal police for investigation of these false accusations.

When summoned for interrogation by the criminal investigation division of the Danish police, she suddenly got a memory blackout!

She declared that she knew no cases of genital mutilation and that she in fact had never seen any!.

As the criminal investigators pointed out her previous statements on radio and tv, she explained that all her statements were based exclusively on RUMORS she had heard in Somalia more than 10 years ago!!! ( See the copy of the police report and her statement to the newspaper ).

The fact that I have irrevocably proved that the inter-ministerial report was based on a falsum did not matter for our legislative assembly the “Folketinget” after all, the case had very little to do with right or wrong, it was a politically motivated agenda and it had the support of all major political parties including The Danish Social democratic Party!.

The Fatamorgana

10 years of systematic and meticulous secret gynaecological examinations of all Somali girls at the primary school age in Denmark, by the national medical officers, published in march 2003 has documented ZERO (0) occurrence of women circumcision among all the examined, furthermore, not less than 27 somali girls aged between 3 and 14 years have been brutalized by so called physicians and social workers, forcefully and shamefully undressed and put them on top of a dining table in their private home, and in front of their father and mother, helplessly looking on unable to defend the dignity and honour of their child, spread their legs examined with their fingers perversely and mercilessly deep inside the innocent child’s most intimae parts, just moments later to retrieve their perverted fingers and exclaim: strange! Nothing is missing ! all parts are there … for now but, addressing the parents, remember do not try anything because we will keep watching You and Your children and in case you get wrong ideas, we will be back!.

The ugliest of them all took place in the municipality of Aalborg on January 30th 2003, when a swine butcher turned social democratic local politician, now chairman of the municipality’s young-and children’s committee ordered a 6 year old Somali girl, forcefully be put on a table her parents helplessly looking on, be undressed while crying for help and get her most intimate genitals fondled by three intruding strangers, Mr. Ib Rasmussen’s gang of 4 from the Aalborg municipality, who forced themselves entry to the family’s apartment.

Once the perverse rape of the child was complete and the gang was gone, the family packed whatever belongings they could pack and fled the country to seek refuge in another European country where state sanctioned paedophilia does not take place.

They had no choice but to go in hiding because they couldn’t face the shame!!!.

All of these and certainly many others which we do not know about, have with no single exception proven to be based on false accusations received, at times from anonymous informers.

Am I wrong when I call this perverse and legalized paedophilia ?? or state sanctioned rape? I let it remain for the decent readers to judge and give their verdict.

In spite of the fact that all accusations have been nothing less than malicious lies, our present parliament is just about to pass this new apartheid law. All denials by the government and the other parties behind this shameful law, that this law is not specifically intended for a specific group is just another lie! That is because among many other factors, the minister of justice, answering my question handed over in writing to the parliament, said: this law will enable all Danish institutions and educators of different classifications and individuals, to keep an open eye on all educational institutions where Somali children are tended, to take swift and proper action, whenever anyone feels anything suspicious.

And what can rise suspicion? Travelling to the United Kingdom for holydays by a Somali family among others! That was what hit the above mentioned molested child and her family, word came out that the family had been in the United kingdom for a holiday last year and that they were planning to go there again for same!!!

In other words, brutalizing and dishonouring a Somali child in Denmark, once this law is passed, will soon be legal according to Danish laws!.

Why this inhumane law and why now?

This apartheid law is due to be passed by a clear majority consisting of the parties forming the present Government, the Conservative party and the liberal party (Venstre) together with their protégé’ The neo………. Danish popular party of Mrs. Pia Kjærsgaard, the architect of the whole misery.

The social Democrats or what remains of it, in its near panic search for popularity, has also embarked a doubtful and racially motivated anti immigrant political programme, in the hope of overtaking the notorious Mrs. Pia Kjærsgaards danske Folkeparti.

Once by far the largest Danish political party, the party of the working class, The Danish Social democratic party, with deep rooted principles humanism and respect for the honour and dignity of the individual, is now reduced to a caricature of itself and of its glorious days by Mrs. Pia Kjærsgaard, unfortunately the leaders of this once glorious party still do not understand it as yet and are still dancing and will be dancing for the foreseeable future to her tune!!!.

The Somalis, immigrants, refugees or else

Cynically one could say that they do in fact deserve what they are getting! That is because when all comes to all, they themselves with the help of no one else from outside, have destroyed their nation! And 13 years after their meaningless and foolish civil war they are still killing and rampaging each other. And for what? They do not even know, apart from the fact that they all want to be a president! That, they do in fact all know, that is they all want be presidents!!!

Look at the conference at Nairobi, Kenya, and look at the candidates running for president.

The more blood stain on their hands the more it looks likely they will be elected.

Brothers and sisters at Nairobi or elsewhere, I sincerely hope You will take time and read the above.

I hope You all will take time and look at Yourselves every morning at the mirror, when dressing for that days palaver at the conference hall, and ask Yourselves these simple questions:

What went wrong since my brothers and sisters are living under the above humiliation?

Knowingly or not, did I play any part in the making of the destruction of my Somalia?

If positive, do I really regret that I did what I did or what I, tacitly, accepted be done?

Do I really want to be the next president of Somalia, or do I have any worthy candidate ?

What did I do or what am I able/willing to do for my people to deserve their trust and acceptance ?

Who is my people? My family?, my clan?, my tribe? Or the Somalis? Can I define?

Many nations, including Denmark, came to the rescue and to help the Somalis initially, they accepted them to come into their countries as guest for a while, hoping things would be sorted out back home, so these “guests” would go home again, but then the guests overstayed and grew in numbers, things went sour, racism and hatred surfaced, racist anti immigration political parties flourished, and as a result we came to the point of page 1! The ill treatments of all kinds.

But then we have a Somali roughly saying:

Prolonged begging and prolonged illness make one undesirable!!!.

Brothers and sisters, people tend usually to exclaim: god help us!, but God will not help us, unless we take the spoon on the other hand and take the road for a real and genuine change, not any change but a change to a better society built on respect for the individual, his/her dignity and property, and then make things change to the better for all, only then will it be fair and possible to ask for and expect Gods help.

Nothing is impossible, so give a try!.

A.F. Dualeh

source gedonet.com

I've alot of respect for the man who wrote this. A very informative and thought provoking read.

893Titanic-thumb.gif893Duel2-thumb.gif <-- Somalia

Come on EveryOne - 893Grouphug-thumb.gif

Thanks Entrepreneur! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Xafsa   

Originally posted by Entrepreneur:

[QBfurthermore, not less than 27 somali girls aged between 3 and 14 years have been brutalized by so called physicians and social workers, forcefully and shamefully undressed and put them on top of a dining table in their private home, and in front of their father and mother, helplessly looking on unable to defend the dignity and honour of their child, spread their legs examined with their fingers perversely and mercilessly deep inside the innocent child’s most intimae parts, just moments later to retrieve their perverted fingers and exclaim: strange! Nothing is missing ! all parts are there … for now but, addressing the parents, remember do not try anything because we will keep watching You and Your children and in case you get wrong ideas, we will be back!.

[/QB]

:eek: :eek:

Changed   

and i thought people in here had it bad ...he rapped the girl :eek: infron of her parents :eek: :eek: (KILL KILL the faget danish)......acuudi bilaahi mina sheydani rajeem......

all we can do is just pray for them ..much love to the brother that wrote the article.....its heart breaking to know all that happened to our somali people :( :mad:

if i was one of the somali politicians i would commit suicide ....cuz there is no better punishment than hell for those that did that to our beautiful country :mad:

LuCkY   

Im beyond words...i dont know what to say. How can they aLLow their chiLdren to go through such things...that is traumatic. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mizz-Unique i dont think he meant it LiteraLLy...i think he was referring to the act itseLf...did you Enterpreneur? :confused:

thank you enter'r for this very informative but sad article. i dont believe this is the time for pray but time for real action! after reading, tears came into eyes and i felt a chill in my spine. now i know i am spineless sob! cuz i

aint doing nothing 4 my own ppl!! even worst someone posted yuda smoking a spliff! i wanna speech less about this! cuz what i wanna say will rock this site!!!

we all need to really take some strong actions and email this thread to all the human rights orgs, the danish govt and embassys, to the white hse, to the un etc. we can do alot but nomad sdisplay a very low self steam these days! we use to be proud ppl who dont take no bull. what the hell happen to us in the disapro! we definitely lost our soles and believe allah is gonna fix our problems. allah is your creator and his help is unconditional but as a human you need to d your part and standup when a wrong is done to you!

please lets keeps updating this daily. i am gonna so my part in la. i would like the rest of you to do your par where ever u live. i cant believe lil danish pastry mof cooking is gonna do this to our ppl....we all have back bone lets do something. r u game? i am.

Coloow   

Lucky, I agree with you. It was the act itself which many somalis obviously percieve as an act of rape.

Rudy, "bodboode" : Indeed sxb we should send the article to any somali we know so that the danish government is bombarded with e-mails.

I hope the site adminstrators would keep this thread posted for a long period to allow somalis who visit the site to read about it.

Originally posted by rudy:

someone posted yuda smoking a spliff!

Excuse moi but what R u trying to say? Yoda lookz fab in the pic..geez!

*Leaves mumbling ' Another Faarax who lost his sense of humour in da war'* :rolleyes:

yoda.jpg

Entre,

Disturbing.

I knew Somalis were having problems in Denmark, but I never realised the extent of the victimisation. :eek:

Athena,

You alright there? :confused:

Coloow   

Salaama,

QUOTES: INTERNATIONAL CRITICISM OF DANISH XENOPHOBIA, 1997-2002

Günther Grass:

»The Danes have far fewer immigrants and refugees than Germany, but even so, the Danes react hysterically and vote for an extreme right-wing, racist party. (...) Denmark, which was formerly known for its tolerance, now has racists taking part in a government which pursues a policy that is hostile to foreigners.« (August 30, 2002, the Danish newspaper 'Information').

The Guardian:

»Denmark may long have been perceived as the small, friendly country which gave the world Lego, Hans Christian Andersen and the beauty of Copenhagen. And it still gives more of its wealth in aid to the developing world than any other country and has welfare benefits that are among the most generous in the industrialised world. But on Monday Denmark will acquire a less friendly image when it introduces the toughest immigration laws in Europe. On the same day as it takes over the EU's prestigious rotating presidency and begins to broker a common EU asylum policy, the new laws will turn Denmark, overnight, into one of the world's most hostile places for asylum seekers.« (June 29, 2002).

Neue Zürcher Zeitung:

»By court order, the head of the DPP, Pia Kjaersgaard, may not be labeled "racist," but she keeps things humming in her own party's ranks with frequent xenophobic utterances. Late this past May, referring to Sweden's relatively open policy toward foreigners, Kjaersgaard remarked that the Stockholm regime was perfectly free to let Swedish cities become Scandinavian Beiruts, replete with mass rapes, revenge killings and clan wars.« (June 19, 2002).

The Guardian:

»Denmark's government is now taking steps which will turn one of the world's most liberal countries into a bastion of introverted nationalism. There is no 'final solution' looming in Copenhagen, but there is the creation of new solutions, using legalised discrimination. (...) So for all of those who shake their heads over the silence of our forebears, here's a chance to show we are not like them. In the heartland of liberal Europe, there is now a minority community, defined by their age and lack of Danish citizenship, who have just lost a key component of their human rights. What have we got to say about that?« (Comment by Stephen Smith, co-founder of the UK-based Beth Shalom Holocaust Centre, June 5, 2002).

Financial Times:

»While most Danes would be loath to admit it, there are some uncomfortable parallels between the new measures [den danske udlændingelov] and some of Mr. Le Pen’s stated policies.« (May 3, 2002).

The New York Times:

»The news from Europe sounds grim. (…) The ultranationalist, xenophobic right is manifestly on the rise.« (April 28, 2002).

Washington Post:

»A wave of anti-Muslim sentiment has bolstered far-right parties in some European countries since Sept. 11 and left the continent's large communities of foreigners wondering how long their welcome will last. The changing mood has found its fullest political expression here in Denmark, where an anti-immigrant party won 12 percent of the vote in parliamentary elections in November, nearly doubling its showing from the previous election. Its campaign posters featured a picture of a young blond girl and the slogan: "When she retires, Denmark will have a Muslim majority.« (March 29, 2002).

Radio Netherlands:

»What happened to Denmark? It currently has the lowest jobless rate in 25 years and is one of the richest countries of Europe. And on top of that immigrants make up for only 4.9 percent of the population. Many European countries harbour much more immigrants than Denmark. So how did the extreme right Peoples Party of Pia Kjaersgaard manage to set the tone of the election campaign by focussing on immigration and xenophobic sentiments?« (November 21, 2001).

BBC Online News:

»Denmark has been plagued in recent years by the right-wing's attempt to curry the favour of the electorate by drumming up an anti-immigration, anti-asylum seeker sentiment, particularly against Muslims.« (August 22, 2001).

Anti-Defamation League:

»Denmark, a liberal country with a long tradition of democratic and socially progressive governments, now has an ultra-nationalist party led by Pia Kjaersgaard, with a xenophobic, anti-European rhetoric similar to that of Joerg Haider in Austria or Jean-Marie Le Pen in France. This Danish development tends to be overlooked in the world’s media, as much happening in Scandinavia has trouble breaking into the headlines in the papers of larger countries.« (October 2000: http://www.adl.org/international/lfe/lfe_10_00.html).

L.A. Times:

»Nowhere else in Europe has the anti-immigration rhetoric ascended to such heights. A small organization preaching multicultural tolerance mocked Danes' prejudices this year by erecting billboards that showed a black youth saying, 'When I become white, I'll be a schoolteacher.' Activists in the Danish People's Party responded with a parody showing a homeless white man saying, 'When I become a Muslim, I'll have a house,' echoing the party's refrain that immigrants are edging out Danes for housing and social services.« (April 28, 2000).

International Herald Tribune:

»The politician spoke dramatically about local families who feel outnumbered by immigrants in their own neighborhoods, who see themselves as strangers in their own land, and victims of ghettos they didn't create. Perhaps because his countrymen were afraid of not being tolerant enough, the problems had been allowed to drift, the politician said. There were good foreigners who contributed to society, of course, but others, he went on, who didn't 'care a whit for our fundamental values.' So the time had come to 'impose' a number of 'requirements' on the immigrants 'to ensure a coherent fabric of society'. To call the tone of the speech populist – Europe's new tag word for political argumentation that runs to the edges of demagoguery or racism but does not cross the borders of still-polite convention – requires little daring. Its particularity was that it came last month from a totally traditional representative of European social democracy, Poul Nyrup Rasmussen, the prime minister of Denmark. More than anything else, the remarks, and the restrictions proposed this month for Denmark's immigrant community, seem to illustrate how much once-standard notions of political acceptability can be displaced in the debate about immigration and racism in Europe. Denmark is no Austria, but its image of apple-cheeked decency is living now with mainstream vocabulary and regulations that some Danes find distressingly close to the ideas of the Freedom Party of Joerg Haider.« (February 24, 2000).

Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung:

»Haider's theories are government policy in Denmark. (…) The emergence of an uncontrolled development in a thoroughly regulated welfare society leaves behind a trace of uncertainty, extreme points of view and a malevolent atmosphere. According to an investigation by the OECD, Denmark has the worst record of any country in Europe with regard to the integration of foreigners into the labour market. (…) The reaction to Haider is a shot in the arm for this tired-out social state, whereby, EU governments confirm all of the prejudices that the Danish guard dogs led by Pia Kjærsgaard employ when they complain about Europe intervening in such a manner in the sovereignty of individual countries. Furthermore, with the appearance of Haider we have a politician who preaches in Vienna what has long been practised in Copenhagen under the auspices of the Social Democrats. From now on, Danes no longer have to fear their country being inundated by foreigners, or feel themselves 'strangers in their own country'. They can take it easy: Denmark as a multiethnic society is completely out of the question. These are not the words of Pia Kjærsgaard or other right-wing extremists, they are the words of Prime Minister Paul Nyrup Rasmussen in his New Year's speech.« (February 15, 2000).

Liberation:

»This brutal xenophobia is all the much more striking because it appears in a place where you would not expect it. In a kingdom which stands as a severe judge of human rights … and where scarcely 4,4 percent of the population are foreigners.« (Translated from the Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende, November 20, 1997).

International Herald Tribune:

Denmark »experiences a wave of aversion to refugees and immigrants.« The Herald Tribune finds it difficult to reconcile this picture of Denmark with the widespread picture of »a little place so beautiful, so well-mannered and mild that it appears like God’s own little red house with a white fence in front.« But of late something has happened with little Denmark of the picture postcards, Herald Tribune observes, for »when as little as 4,5 percent of the population are foreigners, you cannot say that hordes of strangers have been creeping in over their borders … something must apparently have happened to the tolerance of the Danes.« (Translated from the Danish newspaper, Berlingske Tidende, November 18, 1997)

Frankfurter Rundschau:

»Nothing more than a weekend with 30 persons detained for crossing the border illegally was needed to create panic in Denmark. The right wing started screaming about using the military or demanded the purchase of parachutes for throwing deported refugees over their home countries (…) Even the government leaded by the Social Democrats swallow the refugee hysteria.« (Translated from Danish newspaper Berlingske Tidende, November 1, 1997).

they should stage some kind of grand protest against these fascist, get the whole world aware of whats going on. i know alot of people including me would travel there just to take part. its unacceptable! walahi, this article really touched me. this is just the type of thing that will unite all somalis, get us all working together for a good cause, our own futures. than maybe we can all head back home with some idea of what brotherhood is.