Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

NGONGE   

Last week of August will still be hot, Lily.

North,

I hope you didn't phone from the scene of the accident and tried to describe the scene to the family. :D

N.O.R.F   

^^waar I was trying to avoid the crazy drivers who were changing lanes to get a good view of the accident.

*will slow down from now*

NGONGE   

Will you be able to take the train when they eventually start that service?

I so want you to be stuck in a crowded one and get to sniff some of Mumbai's finest armpits.

Ibtisam   

^^^What is with you always talking about people's armpits! How short are you?? :D Even I don't end up under a Bangli's armpit!

You mean people will be stuck under Norths...

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Will you be able to take the train when they eventually start that service?

I so want you to be stuck in a crowded one and get to sniff some of Mumbai's finest armpits.

:D

I will be sure to sit in the 'Arabs Only' carriage ;)

NGONGE   

^^ What do you know? You've been a smelly student all your life. How tall you are has nothing to do with it. It all depends on how crowded the train is.

ps

I am miles taller than you. So don't bother breaking your neck trying to look up. icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^Overtime?? GO HOME!!! Sorry Ngonge things has changed since your school years. We now also take trains and buses to get there. We don't have to walk for half a day icon_razz.gif

I will be sure to sit in the 'Arabs Only' carriage

What?? are you kidding me?? :eek: Please tell me you are joking. How can you proud of such thing?? :( You should go and sit with the rest as protest of this racist treatment! :D

NGONGE   

^^ He just wants to see how good looking she is (the Ms might mean she's single). ;)

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

What?? are you kidding me?? :eek: Please tell me you are joking. How can you proud of such thing??
:(
You should go and sit with the rest as protest of this racist treatment!
:D

Busybody :D

N.O.R.F   

Ibti,

I am kidding but I’m pretty sure there will be an unwritten rule somewhere. I hope there will be a family carriage cos them Bombay boys don’t mess around when around ladies.

2 killed, 15 wounded in horrific accident on Emirates road

By Alia Al Theeb, Staff Reporter

Published: July 17, 2008, 00:31

Dubai: Two persons were killed and 15 others sustained injuries in a horrific accident involving another minibus on Emirates Road on Wednesday evening.

This is the second accident involving a minibus in less than a week. Five people were killed and four others had sustained injuries in an earlier accident on Sunday after the minibus swerved, hit the pavement in the middle of the road, flew to the opposite side of the road and had a head-on collision with another car.

In yesterday?s accident, a Bangladeshi man was killed, while 15 others including the driver sustained injuries.

The accident took place at 5:40pm on Emirates Road after the bridge located opposite the vegetables market.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salah Bu Farousha, Head of Dubai Traffic PublicProsecution, said the minibus was overloaded with passengers, as there were 15 passengers inside the bus, while there should be only 14 passengers.

He said the minibus was coming from Jebel Ali going toward Sharjah. As a result of excessive speeding and losing control, the bus swerved to the distance of 25.7 meters from the second right lane. The minibus then hit the concrete barrier in the middle of the road, jumped to the opposite side of the road for 38 meters, turned over and fell on the fast lane.

Two people including the Pakistani driver sustained serious injuries, while 12 others sustained moderate to minor injuries. There were eight Bangladeshi, five Indians and two unidentified passengers.

Bu Farousha said the Traffic Public Prosecution has asked for the radar picture of the bus to determine its speed, as it was speeding excessively. He said the minibus had the accident after the radar?s location by 10 meters. The prosecution had also asked for test of the minibus?s brakes.

He said the driver is under custody and his blood sample will be taken for test.

Bu Farousha reiterated his call for companies owning and renting minibuses to supervise them thoroughly and educate their drivers on the importance of abiding by speed limits.

He said police must intensify their campaigns against reckless minibus drivers, and increase police patrols especially on Emirates Road, Shaikh Zayed Road and Al Khail Road.

Malika   

Ngonge,here you can learn Kiswahili, from the best;

LOZ,your tabqaan when it comes to Kiswahili icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ I will watch it when I get home. At work I can only watch clips with no sound (actually, I can but I had no headphones). :(

(lovely morning, ain't it?) :D

Malika   

Indeed,it was a lovely morning while I was still in bed,nice dream I was having,then the darn alarm went off..Since then I have been nursing a headache!