Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Malika   

After walking for more then five miles today, I can't seem to switch off,feet ache but the mind is too alert!

Anyone out there?

Hellooooooooooooooo

Helloooooooooooooooo

Ibtisam   

^^Hey. I'm awake writing e-mails.

I'll share this one and give you something to do: smile.gif

We landed in India on the 1st of May at 12.30am. As soon as we got off the plane, the heat run off with the 1st layer of my facial skin, pheeeew, it was gone, and I gasped for air! IT was so humid, it was in the middle of the night, with no sun, yet it was so sticky and hot. The airport in Mumbai will give any European airport a run for its money, it is beautifully built and crafted with attention to details, it was sparkling and lights everywhere and for a moment I wondered about all the reports I read. Maybe it was so white wash conspiracy and India was really a 1st world country beyond the human dreams.

We got on a bus and it dropped us off at the main entrance to proceed through customs, of course we paid no attention to announcements earlier while still airborne about filling out the forms!! We followed the few white people we saw on the plane down into a long queue, only to reach the front and be told by a screwed face custom officer that I must go back out of the line, collect a form and fill it in and then come back. I went back and asked for a form, a really angry lady proceeded to mutter under her breath and throw angry head and hand moments in my direction after I asked for a pen. The form asked the same questions as the Visa application, but we filled it out anyway and then went back to another screwed face custom officer (They all looked so angry) He looked at us and then demanded why we were here, and for how long and what for (He did not bother reading the damn form I just filled out which had all the answers) He let us through, we put our passports away thinking we were through, but there were few more checks to go through, then waiting for our bags for 2hrs!!!

Finally we made it outside and easily located our hotel pick guy, after a while we were on a way to our hotel. The guy did not say anything, we located him because he was holding a card which had written on it something which kind of resembled my name. In the back seat was the Indian Times. I found out that the previous day was election day and the whole newspaper was covered with speculation and predictions. Also few articles on swine flue and outbreak in UK, Delhi was on high alter and many other places.

We got to our hotel, a nice place, a really nice, clean (it was expensive) powerful shower and air-condition and fan. Did I mention a TV with American channels, a kettle to make tea, two packets of crisps and a bottle of water (We needed that one!)

Malika   

^LOL,cant a girl go on vacation without a faraax or Govinder?

Ibti,would love to hear more about your trip,India has never been somewhere I wanted to visit..What prompt you to go there? I know my 'white' collegue tend to find the place inspiring,hmmm..

Morning all!

N.O.R.F   

Afternoon slackers

a kettle to make tea, two packets of crisps and a bottle of water

Erm, just like any other hotel?

Where are the pics?

Ibtisam   

in Troll anything goes. :D

North: It was all on facebook. I took some down haad, but u can still catch a few.

No not like any other hotel, well not in India anyway, some of them had nothing, and a broken TV. Just a room with a bed and bathroom. Pluz I'd never stayed at a hotel on holiday, so I would not have known that was the norm. :D

Ibtisam   

^^^I mentioned tea, because at first I thought it was for boiling bath water, till I realised they had a normal shower (Well they had a bucket in the there with cold water, it gave me flash backs of survival with cold water in SL) icon_razz.gif :eek:

Ibtisam   

None, they although I was Bengali from Bangladesh or Kolkata¸ when I said I’m African, they would say “OH you are from south Africa! :D (because of cricket, SA is famous in India, only African country they know. ) In the market, they thought I was Sudanese . :D

My friend was the indian; I mean she blended in and fitted right in, I nearly lost her a few times icon_razz.gif

Faheema.   

I heard as soon as you landed you were under surveillance, even the guy at the currency xchange counter had your name up on his computer :Dicon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ By the way, what's with the name change? AND, is it in English or Somali? If Somali, it only makes you sound like Xiin's daughter (or minyaro icon_razz.gif ). :D

While you were away you missed the big event or you would never have changed your old name. ;)