Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Sorry to hear about the job, Sheh. It's happening to a lot of people unfortunately. What is it they say, 'when one door closes, another window opens?'. There are a lot of temp contracts available fortunately- grab one till you figure something out. Insha'Allah Khayr.

My own contract ends in March and I'm already hearing murmurings of an impending 'funding squeeze' and talk of 'streamlining the unit'. As it is, I'm planning to take six months off after March anyway (traveling), before going back to uni in the autumn, I'A. So it's no skin off my nose but I've to save like scrooge in the meantime.

These things work themselves out- we just need to remember to say Alhamdulilaah when our feet hit firm ground.

^For some reason I thought you are already gone.

Sheh ..Sorry to hear that dear. Best of luck in finding one. It might be good time change directions. So many of our funds are liquadating. I'm wondering when we will given the slip.I hope they gave a good severance package.

NGONGE   

I was just watching the Liverpool game and when the first half finished I decided to check out Youtube. I found a popular eighties Arab dance song that reminded me of the old days. The strange thing is after all these years, only now did I work out the lyrics. Sad song.

She says:

I am the poor one. I am the oppressed one. I am the one who was sold. For one dinar I was sold. They married me off by force. They foisted him on me.

I'll beat myself up and die and I'll face the dwellers of graves. I'll become mad and I'll become crazy. I am the poor one, I'm the oppressed one. I am the one who was sold. For one dinar I was sold. They married me off by force. They foisted him on me.

I'll go to Mullah Ali and I'll tell him o Mullah Ali; an old man and I'm a young girl they put us in the same place. I'll fall to the floor and kiss his hand and he'll think I'm kissing his hand and think that I want him(the Mullah :D ).

My relationship with you has ended, give me my photos back. You are embarrassing me in front of people o young one. I'll go to Mullah Ali and I'll tell him o Mullah Ali… :D

Val, Che, it's cool, thanks. No package for me; I was on a delicious contract and worked with a decent bunch of people. I'd rather a contract than a perm position cause I have plans to be self-employed inshallah.

Cara.   

If it's a clear night sky wherever you are (especially NA), take a look at the crescent moon. The two really bright "stars" are actually Venus and Jupiter.

If you look closely at the moon, you should also be able to see the shadow of the whole moon. Pretty cool eh?

STOIC   

^Wish I had a clear sky to look at and steam off the pressure that is building up now in my body-Finals week coming up.I have tree size of papers on my table and its freezing up here.Studying for Finals is a B!atch!

Originally posted by -Lily-:

If you have a photo on facebook, and you select only certain friends to see it, and those friends comment on it does that mean everyone else will be able to see that photo too?

How is this possible anyways? This is not the same as Photos Tagged of You

You can actually let certain friends see your Facebook Profile Picture?

Cara.   

^I think Lily meant photo albums, not the profile picture. The privacy settings for each album can include or exclude certain friends.

Hang in there Stoic. Get a small space-heater to keep warm in your room. If there's one thing I hate, it's trying to focus while feeling cold.

Miriam1   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I was just watching the Liverpool game and when the first half finished I decided to check out Youtube. I found a popular eighties Arab dance song that reminded me of the old days. The strange thing is after all these years, only now did I work out the lyrics. Sad song.

She says:

I am the poor one. I am the oppressed one. I am the one who was sold. For one dinar I was sold. They married me off by force. They foisted him on me.

I'll beat myself up and die and I'll face the dwellers of graves. I'll become mad and I'll become crazy. I am the poor one, I'm the oppressed one. I am the one who was sold. For one dinar I was sold. They married me off by force. They foisted him on me.

I'll go to Mullah Ali and I'll tell him o Mullah Ali; an old man and I'm a young girl they put us in the same place. I'll fall to the floor and kiss
his hand and he'll think I'm kissing his hand and think that I want
him
(the Mullah
:D
).

My relationship with you has ended, give me my photos back. You are embarrassing me in front of people o young one. I'll go to Mullah Ali and I'll tell him o Mullah Ali…
:D

LoL no one really pays attention to the lyrics...listened to Majida Roumi's song Kun Sadiki...memories!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZtfXrgDTPE&feature =related

Never had an idea it was about some love affair...

Sheh that just sucks ! Good luck though plenty fish in the other lake or...something along those lines.

NGONGE   

Hayam, Majida is a lightweight Fayrooz and the writer of the lyrics (Sucaad El Sabah) is a lightweight version of Nizar Qabaani.

ps

I thought she was talking about the Eastern Man.

pps

I wonder what the 'aboos el wawa' song is all about now. :D