Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Malika   

Afternoon trollerholics! :D

It's Monday Jac,you cant expect us to be trolling early in the morning..meetings to attend,finishing up left over work from friday and plannings for week ahead...blah blah :D

STOIC   

Where are the Somali language experts?I need a little help here.I do tutor this guy Algebra on weekends I have a hard time explaining math terminology in Somali. How do you say square root in Somali? I was telling him numeberka iskuu duufoo (sp?) I want to reach out to him instinctively in a words that he could understand.

Well, i'm not good at the maths ,, then yes i've learned the maths in Somali but the problem is that i don't know those termonoligies in English.

Square root ,, i think it is Laba Jibbaar

STOIC   

^^^Thanks.I will say labajibaar on my next session.I will see how he reacts when I say the word.Hopefully when I scribe the word on a pad it would rove through his mind.

STOIC   

He speaks perfect Somali and Urdu.The dude was born in Hargeysa, but I think he spent major part of his life in Pakistan.

Cara.   

Stoic, how about "numberka kala dhufo"?

9 isku dhufo = 81

81 kala dhufo = 9

It sounds silly though.

STOIC   

Cara, I guess I should have said Kaladhufo instead of Iskudufoo (sp?).I honestly beleived I was right until I got a blank stare from him.I also had a hard time explaining the number line, but with a bit of creativity he got the rules of adding and subtracting negative intergers.

STOIC   

^^^ To make it even worse now they have the facebook chat.Don't go there if you don't like to be hugged or poked by strangers.I mean you never want to think about the thought of being hugged by a stranger, right? :D

Waves back at you CL