Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Why To Spend Your Holidays In Somaliland

Somaliland is an African country that is located in the Horn of Africa. The country considers itself to be the successor state of the former British Somaliland protectorate. The total area of Somaliland is about 68,040 square miles. This country shares its border with Ethiopia to the south and west, Djibouti to the north west and the Gulf of Aden to the south east.

This country has some out-standing tourist locations and grand places to visit. Hargeisa is the capital of Somaliland. This is the safest and most famous tourist destination in the whole country. It has several museums that show the rich culture of the country. Tourists also like to visit its famous zoo logical garden that has various species of animals and birds.

To provide some visual delights to the visitors, Somaliland also has various bustling bazaars that allow you to get familiar with all the traditions of the country. From here, you can do shopping for your friends and families. You can find these types of markets in some other cities like Berbera. This city is also a famous tourist destination of Somaliland. You can find various lofty cliffs along with the coast that is truly a breath taking experience.

For all those people who want to add a natural touch in to their vacations, they can go to the Puntland. It is situated in the southern part of Somaliland. This place has rich natural resources like green valleys, mountain ranges and many more.

Apart from this if you want to know more about the history of Somaliland, there are several other cities that you can include in your vacation. There are prehistoric caves present that help you gather knowledge about the history of the county. These caves have several paintings that reflect the culture of Somaliland.

There are several more places in Somaliland that you can explore and make your holiday more memorable. These places are Las Geel- it is famous for its legendary cave paintings from the Neolithic age. You can have a life time experience after visiting this place as it reflects the rich culture, history and present conditions of Somaliland.

There is an international airport in Hargeisa having flights form Addis, Ababa, Dubai and Djibouti City. After reaching Hargeisa you can hire a personal cab to roam around or you can also take advantage of its bus service.

Somaliland is trying to position itself as an emerging holiday destination. While not regarded as a main stream holiday destination, it is making massive inroads to attract more tourists.

Author Resource:- Andrew Gibson is MD of Direct Holiday Bookings. It is one of the fastest growing on line holiday home rental websites.To see an example of why Direct Holiday Bookings is growing so rapidly have a look at Property for holidays in Somaliland

web page

Ibtisam   

JB, get the following sorted, and I will send my whole family, that is more than your friend Andrew Gibson could ever attract via Direct holiday Bookings. :D

- Can you build some more roads

- Can people stop staring regardless of what one wears

- Can someone not run away with my suitcase at the airport, I can carry my own bag. Thank you.

- A cinema, where women can go, not a room with DVD's, full of old men.

- A tennis court

- A tour bus

- A shopping center where you don't get harassed

- Taking pictures freely

Then I'll be coming every year, you couldn’t get me to leave.

N.O.R.F   

^^The roads are OK. It the ones in Hargaisa that need fixing :D

Can someone not run away with my suitcase at the airport, I can carry my own bag. Thank you.

:D They are only trying to help and make some money at the same time.

I would only request that the eaterie at Berbera beach be improved. That place (Berbera) has so much potential.

nuune   

^^^ I think Berbera would get alot of improvements soon, thanks to the new American base there :mad:

Malika   

^Wasnt that American base there before,during Siad's era?

North,some have already claim the beach fronts,just with time,there shall be resorts there[inside informatiion.lol]

nuune   

No Malika, it was the Russian base, and was expelled from there in 1977, but it wasn't mainly a millitary base, it was Russian families who habited there and lived with the locals.

This new American base has different purpose!

Ibtisam   

Somaliland is bigger than Hargisa yo, and there are tons of places in Somaliland which was so breath-taking.

North When I say roads, I mean all the roads, not just Hargisa. :D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

I take it you meant to say 'waa
dhab'
:D

Horta kaalay, weligaa waqooyiga ma tagtay? We will welcome you with,,,,,,

n687745303_2414987_9784.jpg

Ibti, SL roads are a little rough just like any other in Africa laakin Hargaisa roads are something else! (sorry JB :D )

Ibtisam   

^^^^Loool. I like the man (the traffic light man in Hargisa) I took a picture of him and he chased me with his buud. Waan sikteh :D

North that milk looks a little off, wee faadiyan. redface.gif