Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Radio Call-In Competition

N.O.R.F   

A few days ago I entered a competition on the radio where you could win tickets to a World Cup game in SA with all the trimmings of flights, hotels and transfers. It was a simple football related answer. The presenter said he will call the winner in the next hour and that the number won't show (ie private no.). After about 30 mins I got the call and YES! It was a private number.

I'm going to the world cup, yiiihaaaaa!!!!!! I was picturing the game atmosphere and how I was going to meet our nomads Bob, A&T and Fufu whilst I was there. Potentially see England lift the mother of all trophies, Brazil lose to the Ivory Coast or even meet Zinedine Zidane whilst milling around the stadium.

This is how the call went

Me: Hello

Voice: HAAAALLLOOOO

Me: Yes.

Voice: HAAAALLLOOOOO

Me: Erm, erm

Voice: [insert first name] [insert father’s name] [insert grand father’s (AUN) name]

Me: Sorry wrong Number!

Turns out I completely forgot that I don’t answer private numbers and haven’t been for years all because I thought I was going to the World Cup!

Reer Hawd, thank you for spoiling my day!

NinBrown   

Lol norf

I also entered a world cup competition recently and ever since I have been getting random calls from agencies trying to sell me things......didn't win the tickets either.

LOL@norfsky - belo kula hayb ahaatay. war answer the damn phones and utter sweet nothings to their ears all day. :D niyad u dhis uun - like you would with buildings in dubai.

those radio phone in shows are funny - especially ones dadka ku xujeeya when answering the phone - not to say hello - but say something funny like "i wanna it right now" - some people forget or say something weird to strangers