Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

Early Marriage and Longevity

According to the latest scientifics researchs concerning longevity, babies of young Mothers are much more likely to survive beyond one century:

An even stronger predictor of longevity was how young their mother was when they were born. Those whose mothers were less than 25 years old were twice as likely to survive beyond a century: New Scientist

Moreover, effects of early marriage on Mother's health are also significant as this dramatically reduce risks of developing breast's cancer, for instance.

Yet, early marriage also contribute to psychological well-being while enhancing maturity and sense of responsibilities;

effectively, psychologists have noted marriage's role in intellectual development.

Therefore, how not to conclude that encouraging early marriages should be a priority in politics and health policy according to Islamic teachings, as this enhances youth's sense of responsibilities while contributing to the wider society both physical and mental well-being, not mentioning the concomitant economic benefits through reduced health's expenditure, mental and physical disability, diversion of resources towards security in dealing with youth delinquency ect...

Cara.   

The data is from the 19th century. How relevant is it to today?

The article also does not cover maternal mortality. The younger a woman is when she has children, and the more children she has, the younger she is when she dies (of 'old age').

I guess it's a trade off. Would I want to live to 100 in return for my mother living to 60?