galbeedi

Garacad port is a great lesson for Somalis every where

Illyria   

All valid concerns.

Β 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 π†πšπ«πšπœπšπ π“π«πšπ§π¬πŸπžπ«π«πžπ 𝐭𝐨 π„π¦π’π«πšπ­π’ π‚π¨π¦π©πšπ§π².

The owners of the Port of Garacad have unanimously agreed to transfer its management to an Emirati company. Additionally, they have extended the tenure of the management committee overseeing the operations of the Joint Port Company.

This agreement entails selling 60% of the port’s shares to the Abu Dhabi-based company from the United Arab Emirates. The contract will be in effect for a duration of 30 years.

The Emirati company plans to introduce several improvements to the Port of Garacad, including:

πŸ”ΉConstructing the Garacad-Goldogob Road.
πŸ”ΉEstablishing a Dry Port.
πŸ”ΉBuilding hangars.
πŸ”ΉCompleting unfinished sections of the port.
πŸ”ΉInstalling cranes.
πŸ”ΉDeveloping a large fish processing factory.

Furthermore, the company will bring extensive international business operations under its brand name to the port.

The Emirati investment in the Port of Garacad represents a significant opportunity for both the port and the Garacad-Goldogob road. The Joint Port Company Management Committee previously signed a memorandum of understanding with the Abu Dhabi-based company.

The shareholders of the Port of Garacad have been holding meetings in Galkayo over the past few days, which concluded officially today.

GTl2IDyWsAA4AZe?format=jpg&name=900x900

GTl2ID9WoAE2dL0?format=jpg&name=900x900

GTl2IEHW4AATKIi?format=jpg&name=medium

https://twitter.com/TheDailySomalia/status/1817613824947544266

Β 

galbeedi   
On 7/30/2024 at 5:23 PM, Illyria said:

The owners of the Port of Garacad have unanimously agreed to transfer its management to an Emirati company.

For a long time I suspected that the Garacad port was partially financed by the UAE. Now Illyria proved me right. Despite the early Somali investment, millions were poured later years withΒ no return investment yet.Β 

I thought It was a Somali port by the Somalis, but now the evil hand of UAE which was hiding behind the curtain showed up. Also, I have seen this movie before about building roads connecting ports to Ethiopia. Just before the UAE took over Berbera with $5 million dollars a year lease,Β the deal was to build a highway connecting to Wajaale and nothing came to fruition so far.

Why would they need to manage ports if there is no huge trade activity? furthermore, these great ports like Garacad could add a cargo airport and trade with world without the Emirates. No port takenΒ Β over by the UAE in the Red sea region had ever prospered. They own Aden, Yemen port through war, they own Berbera with almost empty port, Boosaaso is going down while it is managed remotely without management present in Boosaaso. The list goes on.Β 

Now, why would Gaeacad throw away its future and be under the monopoly of the UAE? Why Somalis are rushing and throwing national assets like small shop to be transferred with likes of the Emirates who are nation wreckers. Look at what they are doing in Sudan.

I would like to hear from Illiria to explain why they are giving the shop so quickly?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Illyria   

My dear Mr Galbeedi, your suspicions are just that, but then again, as reer Galbeed, you are the classic one-eyed goblin long in the tooth mistaking the trees for the bush. No "direct" non-Somali funds had been invested in the project thus far, and the Wadaagsan financial statements and disclosures are shared with the investors and majority shareholders at its annual general meeting.

I do share the economic concerns, like most Somalis.

Postscript:
There is a new phenomenon within Somali political commentators: UAE is the evil, Turkey is the shining star for all matters Somali. Reason: UAE is aligned with SL & PL whereas Turkey is aligned with Xamar-centrist politics. This is more popular with neophyte pamphleteers and their recruits. Β 

Ma annaa la ii qarshaa, mindiyo laygu qali doono! Yaynaan isu soo humbaalayn adiga oo afku-dhimbille ah, siyaasada kalena walhinaya. Waa iga kaftan & dardaaran.

Waa ayaandarro weyn inaa Turkiga iyo Imaaraadka isla barbardhigtid, adigoo waliba iska indhatiraayo wuxuu Imaaraadka ka geystay dalalka Islaamka, siiba Suudaan, Liibiya, Yeman iyo Falastiin. Iiraan, Turkiga, Tuniya, Qadar damcay burburiyo iyagana.

Imaaraad Waqooyi iyo Koonfur ma kala jeclee kuwa danahooda Soomaaliya lagu burburinaayo ayee awoodda siinayaan. Koonfurtaba waa joogaan waa kaas Axmed Madoobe caawiyo. Xasana waa wateen hadda kala boodeen.

Dantaada yar inaa dantii Soomaaliya isku heynteeda ka hormarisid waa ayaandarro. Shame.

Illyria   

Bloody centrists are all the same. That retort was well expected. Unlike tiny UAE, Turkey has empirical aspiration to reinstate its once glory days of ruling over the Muslim world, could not care less about Somalis, and has only one interest at heart: that of Turkey. Check Gaza. In the current saga, Turkey's interests are more in line with those of Ethiopia (120m market of potential consumers) than that of Somalia, and would not blink to hawk you under theΒ  table, but as a die-hard centrist, you will not see that so long as the lights are on in Xamar. Eff that. Let us concentrate on the periphery i.e. Kismayo, Baydhaba, Beledweyn, Jawhar all the way to Zeylac. You can not see past the tip of your twisted, southwardly willy, but fall back on your tired, abused "nationalist" card to buttress your ill-advised loyalty.

Maanta Imaaraadka oo taariikhdiisa labaatankii sano ka dharagsanahay ayaa noo amaaneysaa. Federalism aad ku waalatay, Imaaraadka too has 'federalism' ee bal u tag mid ka mid ah imaaraadkeeda ju midoobaan - sida Shaariqa - and deal with it directly by buying their ports and airports. Let's see if Abuudabeey watches idly and allows that.

Illyria   

I think you will realise you and I agree on more than you may realise, but are influenced by varying principles and history. Let us concentrate upon the more practical matters re: our seas and land being under a threat from Axmaaro, and revisit the theoretical exercise post coast clearance, shall we?