Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Holly Quran burning stunt: the day after?

Blessed   

I agree with Ibtisaam. (waa run).

Originally posted by Polanyi:

I agree with blessed.
icon_razz.gif

How fortunate for you. :D

Jb,

Waar orod barakayso. smile.gif

After getting like a thousand BBMs and fbook notices, had to tell people that the Qur'an actually tells us that nothing happens without the will of God, that God does not need you to protect his religion or books and that what ever someone does is between them and God. People should take a chill pill sometimes. Reminds me of all the protesters against the cartoons, can you imagine protesting depictions of prophets, there is a Jesus picture everywhere...

chubacka   

^ That there are images of Jesus everywhere is neither here nor there.

Those images of the Prophet (saw) was clearly disrespectful and were designed to get a volatile response.

Allah will indeed protect the honour and dignity of His religion but it would be strange if muslims felt no indignation and anger at the delibrate vilification of their religion often for unclear and confused ideas about terrorists.

As for this proposed burning, seems like a PR stunt through and through, but its sad that people think its acceptable to make an event out of burning a sacred text.

Would be interesting to see the response for other churches in the area.