Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

JOBS!JOBS!JOBS! Anyone? (SOL Londoners only)

^ I have't applied to anything; Ramadan, work and pain been keeping me busy.

*they don't pay me enough to deal with a certain somebody. I am going to search right now!*

Originally posted by sheherazade:

*they don't pay me enough to deal with a certain somebody. I am going to search right now!*

Weh?? what are you insinuating?

i read you are looking for a job - forget about Dubai, petro dollars and that northen guy , come to my neck of the woods, you'll get paid better and have Eastern guy for company :D

KL-dalxiis kaliya bay ku ficantahay. besides without mehram you can't move there or even dubai for that matter. this is a fatwa, as decreed by sheikh ibn unknown1

Xayasiis: Lambeth, full of love and eastern promises ;)

^Lol. Doesn't sound like you've been out of Lambeth.

Norf, does the CV I send have to be tailored to Arab needs- my gender, date of birth and other such cr*p? Or can I send the UK format? Found 2 roles I want to apply for.

ElPunto   

Everyone and their dogs wants to go there. Is this a contrary indicator? Hmmm - Was planning to visit next January myself.

This was interesting from a few days back:

Boomtown Feels Effects of a Global Crisis

By ROBERT F. WORTH

Published: October 4, 2008

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — On the surface, this glittering Arabian boomtown seems immune to the financial crisis plaguing the global economy.

The skyline still bristles with cranes — an estimated 20 percent of the world’s total — and the papers are full of ads promoting spectacular new building projects. On Sept. 24, tourists from around the world flocked to the opening of Atlantis, a gargantuan, pink, $1.5 billion resort hotel built on an artificial, palm-shaped island. There was no shortage of people willing to pay as much as $25,000 a night for a room, to gaze at the sharks and rays in a vast glass-lined aquarium in the lobby and to dine at marquee restaurants like Nobu and Brasserie Rostang.

But as recession looms in the West, cracks are appearing in the oil-fueled boom that has made Dubai, with its futuristic skyscrapers on the turquoise waters of the Persian Gulf, a global byword for unfettered growth.

Banks are reining in lending, casting a pall over corporate finance and building plans. Oil prices have been dropping. Stock markets across the region have been falling since June. After insisting for days that the oil-rich Persian Gulf region was fully “insulated” from financial troubles abroad, the Emirates’ Central Bank made about $13.6 billion available on Sept. 22 to ease credit problems, in an echo of bailout measures in the United States. Already, some bankers are saying it is not enough.

Some of Dubai’s more extravagant building projects — the ever-bigger malls, islands and indoor ski slopes — are likely to be dropped if they do not already have financing lined up, bankers say. The credit crisis could also reduce demand from buyers, who will have a harder time getting mortgages.

The shrinkage will be more severe if the financial crisis worsens in the West. Property prices and rents, which have remained steady until now, are widely expected to start dropping soon.

At the same time, investor confidence has been harmed by a long string of high-level corporate scandals, jeopardizing Dubai’s long-term ambition of becoming a regional financial capital.

“Plenty of people are worried,” said Gilbert Bazi, 25, a real estate broker from Lebanon who moved here a year ago. “They are waiting to see if what happened in the United States will happen here.”

When he first arrived, Mr. Bazi said, making money was almost absurdly easy. “Iranians, Russians, Europeans — everybody was buying,” he said. “I didn’t have to call people; they were calling me.”

Now, Mr. Bazi stalks the lobbies of hotels, trying to find clients.

Continued....

New York Times

-Lily-   

Doesn’t sound too bad to me, who isn’t touched by the current financial climate? A lot of ppl still move for the tax free sunshine and lifestyle. You don’t have to be loaded & if anything working abroad for a while will look good on your CV.

i see that SHE is still wanting to violate the fatwa decreed by sheikh ibn unknown1 - war hooy came to lambeth and still be within the bounds of the sharia. icon_razz.gif