Sign in to follow this  
Dhubad.

Meet Fahiima

RedSea   

wow cool!

Just to show what a beatiful language we have. I wish more somalis would put more emphasis on their language.

Stacy aka Fahiima seems a great person. Keep it up.

BOB   

Wallee afkii la wada baray...waxaa la yaab leh sida fasiixa ah ee ay Afka ugu hadleyso and it 'only' took her 3 years to learn the language, kolleey waxaa jira dad badan oo ka maseeraya in SOL... :D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Nephissa   

WoW, I have to get my nephew to listen to this. It was just the other day when he asked me: "auntie, what does yaxaaskeey mean?" [Acudubilah maxaa yaxas keenay?] I asked my voice full of concern "what do you mean honey?" and he replied, "yahaaskeee, umm, like, when abti says 'my yahaaskee' referring to you?" :D , waan iska fahmay poor child meant to say Xaaskeeyga! lol. So I asked in a stern voice "he calls me YAXAAS? Ba'ayeey!" He shoots back in an ever sterner voice "don't call abti BAAYEEY", he thought I was calling him some bad name. I about died laughing.. Inaa lilaahi, af Somali meeshaanu ku banjaray! I called my husband right away and said, "haa, markaan kaa maqnahay yaxaaaska iigu yeer, markaan kula joogana honey-da gur! :mad: :D

Aaliyyah   

mashallah am proud of her, couldn't help but note that she speaks without an accent. One would think she's actually Somali. Hopefully, those of you who can't speak Somali or think learning Somali is not worth it would change your thinking.

salaam.

Abwaan   

Wonderful...I think this brings us to the end of young Somalis who grew up in Western countries claiming of not being able to speak Somali. Those should try hard and learn Somali...lol...or one day people like Fahiima will teach them.

Abwaan   

Originally posted by Nephthys:

WoW, I have to get my nephew to listen to this. It was just the other day when he asked me: "auntie, what does
yaxaaskeey
mean?" [Acudubilah maxaa yaxas keenay?] I asked my voice full of concern "what do you mean honey?" and he replied, "yahaaskeee, umm, like, when abti says 'my yahaaskee' referring to you?"
:D
, waan iska fahmay poor child meant to say Xaaskeeyga! lol. So I asked in a stern voice "he calls me YAXAAS? Ba'ayeey!" He shoots back in an ever sterner voice "don't call abti BAAYEEY", he thought I was calling him some bad name. I about died laughing.. Inaa lilaahi, af Somali meeshaanu ku banjaray! I called my husband right away and said, "haa, markaan kaa maqnahay yaxaaaska iigu yeer, markaan kula joogana honey-da gur! :mad:
:D

loooooooooooool..........I couldn't stop loughing.

Haneefah   

Lol@Nephy. You should see my brother's wife - almost ten yrs in the family and she still can't go beyond 'hooyo' and 'waan ku je'lahay and the usual simple islamic greetings. The little ones are worse, they speak in afjini when they want to mimic Somali speech. :D What a Shame!

Originally posted by Mujaahid Red Sea:

The reporter did a poor job. He wasn't all that excited for her. lool

Agree, typical amateurish somali reporters! Their work always lack of situational awareness like this guy. Watch Universal TV and you will see these poor reportage in somali.

Fabregas   

If I was a cadaan who spoke Somali- I would perform at places and charge some money. It seems if you you are cadan and speak Somali, you are amazing.