Sign in to follow this  
RedSea

Xaflad Aad u balaaran oo loo sameeyey Degmada Dacar Budhug: Hargeysa,SL.

Blessed   

^That’s typical of Somali restaurants. What's the ingredient(s) of garow? I’ve never had the displeasure of tasting it…

Castro   

Garow is the mainstay (staple food, if you will) of many in the north. It is probably made of corn (maize) or some other basic grain. If made well, I hear, and a touch of subag and sokor are added to it, apparently it's the most delicious and nutritious meal any self-respecting nomad would want to have. Ok, now the bad news: it is entirely unappetizing in appearance and aroma (while being cooked). And though it is a natural source of fiber (to combat constipation), my stomach that was used to Feta cheese in Cairo would probably have gone into emergency system shutdown had I had it that day.

I'm surprised I remember all this. It's only been 20 years or so. Even more, I'm surprised you don't know. Unless your claim to Somaliness is even less legitimate than mine. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Castro:

I'm
surprised I remember
all this. It's only been
20 years or so
. Even more, I'm surprised you don't know. Unless your claim to Somaliness is even less legitimate than mine.
icon_razz.gif

So your surprised to remember? Are you experiencing the early onsent of Alzhiemer's? And it has been 20 years or so; from those two phrases I've calculated that you are not younger than 50 years. That my dear, is elderly in my books. Watch the bathtub! :D

Blessed   

^ :D

Originally posted by Castro:

Even more, I'm surprised you don't know. Unless your claim to Somaliness is even less legitimate than mine.
icon_razz.gif

Don't try it Adeer, you wouldn't come close to my Somaliness. I'm asal wa basaligii la sheegi jirey. icon_razz.gif

AYOUB   

^^ Hello you smile.gif

Originally posted by Kashanre:

Would it have matter if he had written "balaa
dh
an?

Speech is a product of geography,
not
clan affiliation.
smile.gif

You completely lost there Mr Khasaare, can you explain that again? ;)

Originally posted by Wise Man:

Wow, that was really xaflad aad u baladhan, cid u kala harteyba ma ay jirin, but why did they call it
Laas Geel?
Is there any history behind this name?

I don't think the name of the town has been changed, but the newly-formed district - which was also supposed to be called Dacar-budhuq - is now going to called Las Geel after the rocks/mountains and the Prehistoric Caves.

Red Case

Not convinced smile.gif

Castro   

Originally posted by Kooleey:

And it has been 20 years or so; from those two phrases I've calculated that you are not younger than 50 years. That my dear, is elderly in my books. Watch the bathtub!
:D

If I didn't share a fascination of Jolie with you, it would be dagaal hoolman, xabaduu wiif wiif right now. :D Whatever you say atheer. I'm quite comfortable with my head-hitting-bath-tub age. icon_razz.gif

Good Blessed protested:

Don't try it Adeer, you wouldn't come close to my Somaliness. I'm asal wa basaligii la sheegi jirey. [Razz]

Atheer hadaabad garowba garanayn, asal iyo basalba waxaad ka ogtahaa iska yar. Cadanyo iyo cadho ayaad maalin hore igu sirtee labadeenu isma dhaanto iyo dhasheedii baan nahay. You pick whichever you like. :D

Blessed   

^Mr Masri, you don’t expect me to concede without a fight, do ya? I suggest we compare our claims before throwing any labels in the air.

I'm telling you now Adeer, you will meet the fate of the sand diggers :D . So, if you want to give up now, I promise not rub it in icon_razz.gif

BTW, I've looked up garow and you're only partly correct.

*waves at Ayoub Sheikh* :cool: smile.gif

Castro   

^ I suppose this is an opportune time for the xabad to wiif wiif but I shall unilaterally declare a truce. I'm neither conceding defeat nor declaring victory. As we are ourselves, the enemy is clever and cunning. A long term peace can be achieved between our peoples. What say you, good Blessed foe? :D

Blessed   

Right! I was mislead by this image of an osctrich :D

Honestly, I sometimes wonder how Somalis came up with those names.

Castro

Alright, as long as our camels are given grazing rights in your lands. It's a done deal. smile.gif