Sign in to follow this  
Faarax-Brawn

Cadriyad?!?!

How the hell do you cook this thing?

For the walaweyns aka reer konfur,i think this is called "baasto yariyarishey"( :D ). For the sujuus,we call this Tambi.

Yaa ku aqaano?

Pujah   

baasto yaryarisey wax ladhoho waligeey mamaqal do you mean macaroni by any chance or is this something else

Originally posted by Pu-jah:

baasto yaryarisey wax ladhoho waligeey mamaqal do you mean macaroni by any chance or is this something else

Exactly, Konfureedka tahay maxaan dhahaa,Bax cambuulo karis lee kasoosaa :D i had no way else to explain it dee. All i know is its cadriyad, and the only way to describe is that its basto fiina ah oo la fry gareeyo & then you add sugar to it.

The name is definetly arabic,but reer woqoyiga ayaa garanaya waxani!

Khalaf   

How the hell do you cook this thing?

Why u need to know how to cook it man? Just get one of the women to do it. :D

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

FB,do you want the fried Cadyriad[brown or white one]?

Both!!!! Please. I prefer the brown one tho[For obvious reasons] :D

Malika   

Yes its eaten as desert,but some folks eat with bariis..eew!

FB,put some oil in a pan,heat the oil, dont let it get too hot ,then add the tambi[depends which type,if its the thin version or the thick version]If its the thin version it wont take long to start browning,make sure you turn the pasta over and over to make sure its all browned.Drain the oil out,add some sugar,heyl and water[just to cover the tambi,cover and let it simmer until the water evaporates..voila! Tambi ready to be eaten. smile.gif

The White Version is easy too,just boil the Tambi in water for a few minute,you dont want it to get too soft.Drain the water out,add sugar,heyl and if you want coconut milk then place it on a lower heat on the cooker..just let the pasta suck up all the coconut milk,sugar and heyl...Hmm the smell alone will feel you up.. :D

Let us know how you got on..

[quoteis that its basto fiina ah oo la fry gareeyo & then you add sugar to it.

Meesha aad macaroni sokor igu dareeso waa maalinta lagaa sheego "the geeriyad thread", acuudi billaah, allaah nii sahlo heart attack kiina.

Originally posted by Dahia al Kahina:

Yes its eaten as desert,but some folks eat with bariis..eew!

FB,put some oil in a pan,heat the oil, dont let it get too hot ,then add the tambi[depends which type,if its the thin version or the thick version]If its the thin version it wont take long to start browning,make sure you turn the pasta over and over to make sure its all browned.Drain the oil out,add some sugar,heyl and water[just to cover the tambi,cover and let it simmer until the water evaporates..voila! Tambi ready to be eaten.
smile.gif

The White Version is easy too,just boil the Tambi in water for a few minute,you dont want it to get too soft.Drain the water out,add sugar,heyl and if you want coconut milk then place it on a lower heat on the cooker..just let the pasta suck up all the coconut milk,sugar and heyl...Hmm the smell alone will feel you up..
:D

Let us know how you got on..

Thank you very much my dear sister. Preciete it :D

Sheh,Thanks alot dearest. So those little worms are called vermicillis? Its italian alright & your italics crazed nemesis her(Hello Lazie,lol),should know it by now. icon_razz.gif

Khalaf,Weli fudedka iyo seef labodnimadadi ma dhaafin? Even in Ramadhan? Adeer,Has it occured that i was perhaps thinking of selling this Cadriyad? :D

Thanks Ladies