Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

CV/Resume

-Lily-   

Give me till the end of the year then I’ll migrate to Somalia’s’ Baadiyo and herd camels and goats while I sunbathe in the sun. For now I'm liking my job.

p.s. CVs are nothing without an unflinching strong personality that goes beyond the usual cliché responses and is genuinely interested in the job. No matter how you sugar coat it shows when you're not into a job at interview stage.

me   

I don't know maybe its in the weather...but I am getting bored......the grass is greener on the otherside I guess.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

D&D, self-employment is the way to go. :cool:

Not always, dear Girls. Did you know that over 3/4 of all small businesses fail? It requires immense Mental,physical & financial sacrifices. But once you get past that,it’s the best thing you can ever own!

Good luck,I dont plan on changing jobs anytime soon. If & when i do,it will be in a different continent. smile.gif

Ms DD   

Maybe we can set up 'Ururka Haweenka -soon to be unemployed- of SOL'

Mr Brown

Do you think women cant make these 'immense Mental,physical & financial sacrifices'?

Ibtisam   

I need a new job too... If only i can be asked to look for it! self employeed...hmmm, i thought of that too..

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

^ Hello!

Self-employment as a freelance contractor, I was thinking. To start with at least.

Hello to you too.

Freelance contracting eh? Like document or language interpretations? Many students do this here in the Twin Cities, very rewarding and hassle free opportunities.

I will tell you this laakin,whatever you do to untangle yourself from this web of working for some else,do it! Even if it means doing some janitorial work,which btw is a lucrative business for many immigrant in the USA. You should see the many Somali mamas in their 40s cleaning corporate offices in downtown mpls, amazing I tell you wallahi.

Mrs Dhuc Walaal, my comment was not directed at any particular gender. It was a general statement often printed & said in the business world. Although,it was actually noted that minority owned businesses(Colored people & Women) have a higher failure rate than most other start ups. smile.gif

Ms DD   

Brown Boowe smile.gif

Care to post the link for that claim? If it is true, I can only imagine that the fault lies with white men :D Since the majority of employers and bank managers fit into this catagory.

Been really thinking of doing gardening course lately.

Originally posted by Ms Dhucdhuc & Dheylo:

Brown Boowe
smile.gif

Care to post the link for that claim? If it is true, I can only imagine that the fault lies with white men
:D
Since the majority of employers fit into this catagory.

Been really thinking of doing gardening course lately.

A quick google search will satisfy your curiosity smile.gif

What you call a claim is a actually an issue in the business world that extends further to most sole propreitorships(personal owned businesses), the corelation(from my statement) is that most minority owned businesses are sole propreitors.

Of course, the cadaan man has lots of loans(credits), government contracts, & good ol'boy networking which most minorities don’t have access to.

Gardening? As a hobby or a business venture?

Ms DD   

I'm thinking about changing career direction altogether. I have been checking details on careers in horticulture. It appears rewarding and I love plants and flowers. Not sure about working outdoors during winter though.

Ms DD   

I also wonder what the business opportunities would be for gardeners in the long run (in Somalia and Arab countries).

Zafir   

^Somalis and Arabs have one thing in common in Peacoow mind, they both are the enemy of gardeners and gardens. persue something else sister.

Ariadne   

When was the last time you updated yours?

I'm updating my C.V now

Any stretches of the truth?

no not really

Ever looked back at the job description of the job you're currently at? Was/is it accurate?

I'd say so

Is all of it one big game of deceit?

not to me... I mean I really did direct a multi media opera on the moon in the early 1920s....

I'm doing(avoiding) mine right now. Hence the topic.

Good luck

Luckluckleeya :D

For those that have not been following my little work story my master plan was to leave one of the office gossips with enough info to spread when I'm long gone. A perverse legacy of sorts.

Now I find out that she has resigned.

And will be leaving before me.

Dagnabit.

I'm no good at this bull. I was giggling about it all day. I have to see her off!

Hohum, back to another evening of CV creating. I am coming down with a cold and have eaten more bariis than I suspect I can keep down.

God forgive me, I was so distracted I swallowed the lot in minutes. Now I have to sneeze, wipe away snot, hold down vomit, stay awake and re-do my CV so it is a skills-based one rather than a chronological one.

That deserves an OouuCC. icon_razz.gif