Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Somaliland Blades pipped in prestige final

N.O.R.F   

I just came accross this, a tourny i played in in July, just wanted to boast a little and give u guys an idea of how good Sheff ppl r at the beautiful game, :D

The Somaliland Blades, representing FURD, came within a whisker of being the inaugural winners of the Mel Rees Memorial Tournament, played at the Blades Academy ground on 5 July 2003.

After topping their group following wins over Junior Blades (1-0), Internet Owls (3-1), plus a 2-2 draw with Crewe Alexandra fans, the team thrashed the SUFC backroom staff 6-1 to move into the final, where they again met the Junior Blades.

In a game of few chances, the Somalilanders went down by the odd goal in a keenly-contested final. However they won many admirers by their skills and trickery, and have already been invited back to next year´s rerun, whilst Abdullah Ahmed was the player of the tournament.

07/07/2003

Congrats to the team the almost went all the way. The future looks bright from a footballing point of view, i must have come across perhaps the next bigg thing for the somali community, perhaps those living in cardiff no better.

In the under 16 victory sheild Match Between England and Wales i saw a somali youngstar score a great goal from the half way line for wales, and the commentator started that he was due soon to sign for MAN U's presigious acadameny

N.O.R.F   

Thas good news indeed, there are many very good youngsters, many get strayed, others follow other paths, but as soon it can be shown that its possible, then many will follow. If only i was younger bruv, forget Henry and RVN, i would be killing it in Prem and CL.lol