Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Hanan Turk repents and puts on the veil

ElPunto   

^I don't know about lesson - everyone has to make the choice for themselves based on belief and knowledge.

However, I was intrigued by some of the comments in the article:

-"The danger rests with the presence of some individuals who are trying to impose the Iranian model on the region, a model whose most prominent opponents are not just the United States and other countries in the region, but even Iranian intellectuals and writers," said Almohayed.

-"She must have gone crazy," opined Yusef Chahine, Egypt's most famous film director, who gave the real-life ballerina a shot at stardom by casting her in his film Al-Mohager in 1994.

-These preachers are "supported by Gulf states magnates who control satellite channels and production companies and want to 'veil' Egyptian cinema and marginalize the non-veiled actresses," said Tayeb.

-"In Iran, directors and actors are looking to break the religious shackles, while she wants to enclose Egyptian cinema," said Qamhawi.

So to sum - by donning the veil which is a part and parcel of this religion - this actresss is 'imposing', single-handedly, on the rest of Egyptian society, she is apparently 'mad' because how could any 'sane' person do that. Or she's been 'taken' over by Gulf Arabs and she wants to 'enclose', again single-handedly, Egyptian cinema.

So much for liberality and letting people live their lives independantly. I hate these ****** hypocrites.

Naden   

Never fails to amaze me the amount of feedback, encouragement, appeasment, and new opportunities given to wealthy and influential members of a society. When bored or on their way to obscurity, Hollywood women have babies in exotic lands or hire 'mannies'. When bored, arab actors put on a veil and appear decked in sultanate era garbs posing for photo ops. *Yawns*

Miriam1   

^ Hanan Turk is an execption, she is far from the end of her career, and is possibily the most sought after masri actress nowadays.

I can easily understand the shock her recent movies gave you no hint.

Both ways. Good for her. can't wait to see what projects she takes on now.

Naden   

^ She may very well be an exception. Given the number of lucrative contracts from clothes manufacturers (who are making a killing in the past few years) and satellite offers, she will most likely not suffer any for this 'repentance'. No one can judge what's in her mind but it seems an outwardly pious wealthy woman simply exchanges one place of distinction for another.