Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

British Pound 'buying less than a Euro' now!

Pound 'buying less than a Euro'

BBC - UK holidaymakers are getting fewer euros for their pounds. The falling value of sterling means some people are getting less than a euro for every pound when changing money, The Observer suggests. After commission and handling fees were charged, customers at some airports got just 197.13 euros for £200 on Saturday.

BBC

Emperor   

LST waabad iga nixisayee, I had to check the Xe quickly, your title is not correct, it's not buying less than a euro but it can buy less euro than before. The Pound is still higher than Euro by a fration, today's exchange rate £1 = euros 1.11, that's bad almost equal, it may even go down as the financial crisis and recesion have only began.

Paragon   

^Yup. It was 1.13 two days ago and the pound rose a cent that day. They say we should start worrying when 1 Euro equals to 98p. I hope we don't get to that. And may the £=$ exchange get back to it's old rate smile.gif . It costs dearly currently... :( .

Baluug   

Here's how much the pound's worth against some other currencies:

1.85044 CAD

1.50913 USD

2.26045 AUD(Australian dollars)

5.54327 AED(UAE dirhams)

I'd say it's still doing pretty well, damn Brits and their high-valued money..... :D

PS Cabdiyo, England didn't take the euro because they knew the pound would still be worth more.