Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Salaan...

That is how SOL ranks on the net statics, only 97,469 sites rank above it. That is admirable, considering the millions sites out there seeking eyeballs.

It is the only top Soomaali forum, too. This isn't new to me. Even Somalinet, which is almost a decade old, ranks behind SOL.

The top Soomaali sites are, of course, are those news-based ones: Hiiraan.com, Dayniile.com, Shabelle.net, Allpuntland.com, Somaliweyn.com and Hornafrik.com, respectively, are the top sites of all Soomaali sites. Then SOL is the seventh of all. Considering Shabeelle and Hornafrik are corporate-owned with big pockets, we can understand.

graph?w=725&h=340&r=7d&y=r&a=1&z=1&u=hii

The top sites and where they stand together in the past week.

Somalitalk.com [an ancient Soomaali site on the net, on the relativity of internet age]

Banadir.com [old established site]

Puntlandpost.com

Horseednet.com

Baydhabo.com

Markacadeey.com

Hamarey.com

Onkod.net

And every other imaginable Soomaali site rates behind SOL.

graph?w=725&h=340&r=7d&y=r&a=1&z=1&u=som

Where SOL stand against its nearest top Soomaali forum-dominated websites the last seven days. SOL is represented by the blue line. Somaliuk.com, Somalillife.com and Somalina.com do not make the cut.

Awguuriyo iyo hambalyo to SOL. One day it will knock of Hiiraan from the top.

RedSea   

Now there is something we can all be proud of!

I wouldnt' even put in the same category with other discussion boards like Somalinet,Somaliuk,etc...these areas are full of garbage,Somaliaonline is a good place to come and express yourselves while being respectable,I am very well supportive of the good job done by the moderators here including yourselves(you have the toughest job of moderators) as well as I am fully in support of the rules of SOL,may we be #1 gentelman,a toast to all Nomads out there.

N.O.R.F   

Well done SOL. We take this forum for granted but alot of hard work has gone into establishing and maintaining it over the years.

But a brief history of how it started - when and why would be good.

Somali-owned websites are usually poorly moderated, tribally biaised or online tabloid at best but Somaliaonline is the only addictive for me (I may view some interesting opinions on Hiiraan sometimes or switch back ellusively to Djibnet), apart from Qaadisiya, of course, which inform us on the Courts progress in defending Diinta & Dalka as well as the reconstruction process.

let's hope it has some potential to mitigate tribal/regional emotions; even though many typical cases preach here too...