Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

Al Fajr Arabic Learning Centre in Cairo

Having received positive feedbacks about this renowned Arabic learning private institution and considering the modest fees and cost of living in the Egyptian capital, could ex-students and others share their experience?

http://www.fajr.com/

Paragon   

^^I am not an ex-student and sisters who went there sometime ago say it is good. One of my friends has been asking about Alfajr for sometime now and he hasn't got his act together to go to Egypt yet.

If you are in England and also in Egypt, maybe this link: Ibn Jabal would be good enough. They sent me a text message early in the morning today promosing that one could 'learn Classical Arabic in 15 weeks'. Quite a clam, I thought. I went to their website and they seem to be offering different levels of learning. Maybe you should have a look too.

Jazakallah khayran Paragon,

Actually, I wouldn't mind the level 2 Ibn Jabal course and will consider it as an alternative.

What is harder to find is intensive practice as I've already been thaught formally some grammar as well as basic Arabic and you can learn more at mosques (the Somali mosque in Tottenham is excellent too).

The courses delivered by Islamic centres are great for theory but the practise is often limited unless you take private lessons.

One have also to take the motivation factor into account, which explain why I didn't progress rapidly with my self-teaching despite decent materials and some experience.

Certainly, some sacrifices are necessary if one wants to progress seriously instead of proscratinating indefinitely...