Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

A month of hypocrisy is near!

N.O.R.F   

Are you actually looking for a discussion on Ramadan (it's virtues etc) and people's actions before, during and after or are you sharing your observation?

ps if people are generally on good terms with their religion for that month then it isn't a month of hypocracy is it?

Khayr   

Definition of the term Hypocrite/Munafiq:

1. The one that covers their kufr and conceals it, so he was likened to the one who enters a “nafaq,” tunnel, and hides in it.

2. The one that does the action of “naafaqa” like a jerboa (a type of burrowing rodent), because he exits iman from a way different than the one through which he entered it.

3. The one that due to his exhibiting other than that which is concealed, likening him to the jerboa (because its burrow is a solid dirt structure on the outside but hollow on the inside), for similarly, the hypocrites exterior is iman and his interior is kufr.

A muslim that might have been have been observant of some of the tenants of the faith before ramadan but chose to follow those tenants/parts of the faith, during ramadan and stays away from the haram acts e.g. drinking, womanizing etc., - do they fall under the above definitions?

Chimera   

Are some of you people really this butt-hurt whenever someone shares a personal observation with you in real life?, and spare me the psycho-analysation of me as a person, i'm not interested in knowing what you think of me, none of you really know me, so let's not pretend you do, but i guess i'm not popular with some folk anymore lol

N.O.R.F   

Its a forum saxib.

Why share the opinion? Are you looking for an agreement ONLY? Is there no scope for someone to disagree with you or even correct you?

Faheema.   

^ :D but but Monsieur...the picture is not so perfique lol

Good or Bad, Rightly or Wrongly most SOLers will form an opinion based on you online character.

Chimera   

Khayr lol you don't even know the difference between 'hypocrite' and 'munafiq'.

Norf what are forums intended for? Share opinions right? I have no problems with individuals who 'disagree' with my opinion, or disliked my topic title(i have changed it accordingly), but what does my perceived personality have to do with this topic? Drama King? lol i stay fifty feet away from all the ''member is this, member is that'' topics, and did i kill someone on this forum for people to claim i'm different than before? You would think i was somekind of prodigal son or something lol

N.O.R.F   

ok, maybe I jumped the gun calling you drama king but you do have a knack of firing off sorties if someone disagrees with you.

Blessed   

He's saying 'Islam is for life, not just Ramadan'. The Allah of Ramadan is the Allah of Rajab, Sha'ban, Shawaal, Dhul Kifil, March, April, May.....

However, Ramadan is the month of Love and MERCY and through His Mercy Allah (SWT) shackles shaydan making doing good easier for the one who wants pleasure of Allah. Markaa, if you're still on crap in Ramadan, it's because you're pure crap! :rolleyes:

May Allah guide us to His Mercy and always keep us firm on His deen, Insha Allah.

Maaddeey   

--, what you observed is not hypocrisy, it is the blessing of Ramadan and as Blessed mentioned the Devils are shackled. Furthermore, The Rasulullaah said: 'Jibreel came to me and said, ‘Whoever reaches the month of Ramadan and does not have his sins forgiven and so enters the Fire, then may Allah distance him, say ameen.” So I said “Ameen”'.

Muslims become weak, their Eemaan reduces and we have Ramadan, Hajj, Jumuah etc. to make up. Check out this incident, it highlights the problems we are discussing:

Hanzala reported: We were in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and he delivered to us a sermon and made a mention of Hell-Fire. Then I came to my house and began to laugh with my children and sport with my wife. (Hanzala) further reported: I went out and met Abu Bakr and made a mention of that to him. Thereupon he said: I have done the same as you have mentioned. So we went to see Allah's Messenger (way peace be upon him) and said to him: Allah's Messenger, Hanzala has turned to he a hypocrite. And he (the Holy Prophet) said Show respite. And then I narrated to him the story, and Abu Bakr said: I have done the same as he has done. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Hanzala, there is a time for worldly affairs and a time for (worship and devotion), and if your state of mind is always the same as it is at the time of remembrance of Allah, the Angels would shake hands with you and would greet you on the path by saying: As-Salamu-Alaikum.

Chimera   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

Adam...What's the point of the thread? You haven't really explained what you are going for?

Product of a personal experience (maybe i should have picked a different title), last Saturday when i went with friends to see Predators, on the way back in the centrum there was this guy who is a notorious alcoholist/dealer/thief that tried to lecture friends of mine on what is haraam and what isn't(i.e going to the cinema), and how them being with us is a great sin(because in our group of five there were two males), now that Ramadan was approaching us.

The other guy with us, whose love interest tried to debate this nutter, told him to ''piss off fool'', and we left to eat some kebab. A day later i see this same guy dealing drugs and tada i created this topic.

I prefer keeping personal anecdotes of any kind on issues such as this to myself, but this time my fingers were itching for the keyboard.