Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Top of the best airports

The best-rated airport in the world in the last couple or so years have consistently been Singapore's Changi airpot. Hands down.

SINGAPORE CHANGI AIRPORT NAMED WORLD'S BEST AIRPORT IN 2010 WORLD AIRPORT AWARDS

The Skytrax World Airport Awards were announced at the first live ceremony in Brussels, Belgium, as part of Passenger Terminal Expo. Attended by top management from airports around the world, 30 different awards were presented by the Chairman of Skytrax, Mr Edward Plaisted.

The top title as World's Best Airport went to Singapore Changi Airport, named Airport of the Year 2010 - Singapore Changi Airport also taking the titles for Best Airport Leisure Amenities and Best Airport Asia.

Commenting on their success, Changi Airport Group’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr Lee Seow Hiang, CEO of Changi Airport group said "Changi’s success would not be possible without the affirmation, encouragement and feedback that we have received from our stakeholders, including the millions of passengers and visitors we serve every year. This has motivated us to continue to improve and innovate. We are honoured to receive the Skytrax World's Best Airport award and thank everyone for their vote of confidence. In an ever-competitive operating landscape, this is also a testament to the hard work and tireless efforts of all airport staff and partners in the Changi community to deliver the Changi Experience. I want to thank them too for their contributions."

"This was yet again an extremely competitive survey, and with over 9.8 million completed survey interviews, it was a very close finish with Singapore Changi edging ahead from Incheon International Airport, to take the 2010 title as World's Best Airport" said Edward Plaisted.

2103545700_deb1592233.jpg

3397544-indoor-garden-in-changi-airport-

changi.jpg

I've been to a lot of airports, but the best I had seen was Dubai's. Amsterdam's Schiphol comes to second.

N.O.R.F   

^There is no beating Dubai's Emirates terminal but they probably used the same designers as Singapore. Those pics look amazing.

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

^There is no beating Dubai's Emirates terminal but they probably used the same designers as Singapore. Those pics look amazing.

The new Terminal 3 waa architecturally tasteful.

re_0W6Q0824_tcm272-366762.jpg

dubai-airport-terminal-3-5.jpg

Methinks not the architecture design is the same and comparable to Singapore's airport. They are clearly different. The new terminal in Dubai has more Arabesque design architecture.

When will we see airports like this in Afrika? Lord, African airports are not even air-conditioned. Dhidid kugu dilaayaba during your stay.

N.O.R.F   

^True, but I was talking more about the space and floor/wall/ceiling finishes. All that sparkling ceramics/marble and high ceilings give off a grand entrance to a country.

As for Afica, waxa laigu yidhi Addis has a decent airport.

Juxa   

back in the days, mogishu airport did not have the above finish, it was villa like, white with beautiful round gardens

it was very small tho

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

^^What about Burco Airport?
:D

Burco airport is small and needs investment but at the moment it is functional :D

Nuune, Muqdisho airport waa sidee? Any pics of the inside?

Juxa, I have been to the old airport you know. Can't remember how it looked though.

nuune   

^ :D we will be real good business partners waryaa, I know you are into construction, and with airport construction, that is super :D

N.O.R.F   

A runway capable of handling the A380 igu halee adigu. When JB sees it landing in Hargaisa in 2020 indahaa ka soo dhici :D