Sign in to follow this  
Ducaysane

How was your night?

N.O.R.F   

Haatu;911919 wrote:
I have this fascination with high speed rail and urban transport. Its one of the reasons I'm interested in this field. Imagine catching a bullet train from Xamar to Hargeysa? Sounds nice right
:D

Ciyaal baad tahay :D

Transportation Eng, Energy, Electrical Eng, Mechanical Eng. Go for it.

Haatu   

Norf, since this is kinda your field, what's the job prospect for civil engineers like in the middle east? is there sufficient demand? what's the typical pay like?

Juxa   

Norf wiilka la tali!

Haatu it's great field too

Wadani, I too wish I had listened to hooyo and went on to study medicine. Coming from family of doctors I had strayed and now it is too late

Too late? thought people studied medicine well into 30s or even beyond.

It is so common anyway for people to regret not going into medicine/sciences/maths/engineering though.

Of course, engineering is almost open entry for all in the US, UK etc but in France, the regular way (ultra tough theory heavy preparation years plus degree and maybe spec.) is elitist and those well-rounded engineers most respected (more than DR).

My sibling did stuck to those 3 years for entry exams plus 4 years but was then guaranteed VIP posts (Guelleh was keeping an eye on him as he was on presidential scholarship too but another company paid for his plane ticket etc; their company employ only Enac aviation school graduates as those other snob elitist Frenchs and they are courted by Saudis etc).

I'm somehow seen as the failure of the 3, much potential and no top eng. school (though I'd much prefer medicine if I had the choice back then) :D

Wadani   

Juxa;912833 wrote:
Norf wiilka la tali!

Haatu it's great field too

Wadani, I too wish I had listened to hooyo and went on to study medicine. Coming from family of doctors I had strayed and now it is too late

I hear u Juxa. Laakiin Masha'Allah waxaabad tahay Lawyerad khatar ah oo darajada dhakhtarka aan ka laalaadin.

Aaliyyah   

It is never too late to go after your dreams. If someone wants to become a doctor regardless of their age if they are dedicated and patient they will realize their dreams.

Aaliyyah   

Haatu;911913 wrote:
What do you guys think of civil engineering? I'm seriously interested

in applying for it.

Sounds good. But, also consider and do some research on petroleum engineering.

Wadani   

If u have responsibilities such as school debts, family obligations and the intentions to start and maintain a new family....then yea it is kinda too late to go back and do something as ambitious as medical school no matter how much u want it.

Aaliyyah   

my statement was more of a general statement. Juxa you already have a professional career it is not a necessity to go back to school.

Wadani   

True i c wat ur saying. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't go back to grade 11 if i had a time machine haha. Laakiin alxamdulillah calaa kulli xaal.

Aaliyyah   

I was actually replying to Juxa in my previous post.

And everyone's situation is different. But anything is doable if there is a will.