Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

the stories of Xawo Taako,Dagax Tuur Daljirka Dahsoon

Chimera   

???

-When were they born

-What happend to them

-What was their quest

-What impact did they have(all three have a statue like the Sayyid so they must have done something good lol..)

- do you have more info about them?? please add

Ps i don't want to know their qabiils!

thank you!

RedSea   

^sorry I have nothing to add up(don't have enough time to spare)I came to encourage you whatever that you are doing..I think you are up to something good here,whatever it's keep it up walaal.

When were they born

-What happend to them

-What was their quest

-What impact did they have(all three have a statue like the Sayyid so they must have done something good lol..)

- do you have more info about them?? please add

Dhagaxtuur, unlike other taalooyin, wasn't a taalo dedicated to a sole individual, but to a common collective memorial dhacdo. Halyeey Xaawo Taako is one one of the best known figures from that dhacdo [event]. I don't know where she was born, but I think inay ku dhalatay Jubbada Hoose.

Halyeey Xaawo Taako's sole quest was she literally have given up her life to Soomaalinimo and her bravery and geesinimo. Iyadoo nafta ka baxeysay ayee dhagax wali tuureysay against the colonial Talyaaniga, who wanted loo badiyo the mandate and their stooge supporters. She also sold what meager personal possesions she had to support the nationalist parties, particularly SYL. She was a true, epitomic nationalist.

There was also another taalo, not known by many, dedicated to Macalin Jaamac. It was a beautiful taalo, asagoo buug aqrinaayo waliba.

booqasho2.jpg

Daljirka Dahsoon, like Dhagaxtuur, was an event. Its monument, above, still stands in Xamar. I think it was a collective memorial dedicated to Soomaalis who died for their liberation of their lands. I am not sure, though. Some say it is our equivalent version of Unknown Soldier, dedicated to those who fought the liberation wars of Soomaalida.

Chimera   

red sea no prob sxb

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar: Dhagaxtuur, unlike other taalooyin, wasn't a taalo dedicated to a sole individual, but to a common collective memorial dhacdo.

ok that makes sense cause i couldn't find anything about the person behind the statue

it would be nice if we had a nice written story to go behind the statue don't you think?

when i master af somali i will keep diggin for more info

Halyeey Xaawo Taako is one one of the best known figures from that dhacdo [event]. I don't know where she was born, but I think inay ku dhalatay Jubbada Hoose.

Halyeey Xaawo Taako's sole quest was she literally have given up her life to Soomaalinimo and her bravery and geesinimo. Iyadoo nafta ka baxeysay ayee dhagax wali tuureysay against the colonial Talyaaniga, who wanted loo badiyo the mandate and their stooge supporters. She also sold what meager personal possesions she had to support the nationalist parties, particularly SYL. She was a true, epitomic nationalist.

-i heard about her bravery

-i heard about her patriotisme

-i heard about her leadership to other somali women and to somali men

-i heard about her noble sacrifice

but never

- when she was born? / when she died (some say she died in 48')

-never seen evidence that's she really held a baby and a Ak47 at the same time when protesting (or some other weapon from the 40's/50's)

-never seen A photo of her ( cause there are pics of somali people in the 50's) (least thing somali people today could do is take a picture of beautiful somali sista protesting and turn it into a black and white picture and claim that's her :D )

oh yeah does anyone have a clear picture of her statue

soomaaliya.gif

in this ''gif'' you can see a nice shot of her statue( not the 2 miles away from the picture shot i always saw of her lol)

does anyone know how i can snatch the picture from the ''gif'' :D ??

There was also another taalo, not known by many, dedicated to Macalin Jaamac. It was a beautiful taalo, asagoo buug aqrinaayo waliba.

booqasho2.jpg

Daljirka Dahsoon, like Dhagaxtuur, was an event. Its monument, above, still stands in Xamar. I think it was a collective memorial dedicated to Soomaalis who died for their liberation of their lands. I am not sure, though. Some say it is our equivalent version of
Unknown Soldier
, dedicated to those who fought the liberation wars of Soomaalida. [/QB]

thanks i hadn't seen the statue only heard about the name :cool:

thanks for the info sxb appreciate it

Daa'uud Waraaqle, there aren't many pictures of Xaawo Taako on the net. I came across one particular one a few years ago, soori meelba maku ogi hada.

I, however, found midkaan on my PC, saved long ago [i am not sure inaad aragtay hada kahor]:

soom-7.jpg

Xaawo Taako

soom-22.jpg

You probably seen this Sayidka's one before.

dhagax-tuur.jpg

Kan Dhagaxtuur ayaa meel fiican laga masawiray.

dfdfdwwwwwmb6.jpg

Halyeey Xaawo Taako.

Since you wanted a bit closer one of her taalo, I finally found a one. The taalo looks nice. Since I don't remember much from seeing taaladeeda, it was thus a vague image I had in mind, but not this. It realy looks good.

Chimera   

^lol sxb that's brother paragon's pic in it's earlier stages of being edited from stains by me

wich forum did you find it

i used it a few times

here is the newer version

dfdfdwwwwwon8.jpg