Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Dedicated to India:

Cara.   

^What was happening exactly? The woman was not speaking American.

Ibti, maybe India will be your muse. Your gross, disturbing, frightening muse icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Ferguson:

I am planning to visit India, next week. Any tips Ibti?
:D

My tip would be don't go, don’t go, but if you must go, be safe, don’t' trust anyone and assume 90% of what anyone says is a lie, it does not matter what religion they follow or how nice they seem or what uniform they wear. Keep your passport at all times (sleep, eat and shid with it) (dont use their safe unless you can put your own pin number on it) Leave your phone, watch, rings or anything worth anything to you behind. It is really hot, currently 47 on the day I left, so drink lots of bottled water, don't eat their food (serious spicy, dirty and strong) Eat only in big famous places, don't eat at the market or dirty looking place, or street (they have so many food stalls).

If you are a women (doubt it) or you are taken a women, stick to her like glue or don’t take her, the number of perverts and people who just touch or follow you is mind blogging. Don’t go to shopping markets in the evening (it is too packed and they use this time to squash up against you,) no such thing as personal space. Also they have 5-10men working in anyone shop/stall, don’t follow them into the stock room, insist they bring out whatever they are showing you, keep the door open and make sure you can always see outside/street.

Stay in the tourist area, seeing other foreigners is your only comfort.

Don’t answer their questions or make polite conversation, that is the same as saying come to my room.

Lastly carry perfume and hankie with you everywhere.

Good luck, I know you will need it. Which part are you going?? I only went South and West, North is much worse, horror stories in newspapers about foreigners and bombs and trouble.

N.O.R.F   

^I don't know if you're brave or crazy.

LoL@don't believe anyone. Quite true. Wax ka been badan ma arag.

Ibtisam   

^^^Mostly crazy- well that is how I came back anyway. After 5weeks you need rehab.

Loading pictures into SOL is too much work, so I just posted them on FB. I forgot my flicker password anyway.

nuune   

^^ lool isn't that same effort posting pics on FB or in SOL, same energy and work lee iga dheh,

I might plan to go to Bangalore end of summer, and visit briefly Calcutta, which is a mad place

Ibtisam   

Nuune, no, for SOL I have to upload into another site, then use the link here. FB wa direct! :D

Bangalore is dead unless you are a student or into technical things. I only spent two days there, met few African students who live there. On a positive note, the roads are more developed and nice buildings, but still dirty.

Che, I did not want the Bengali to get jealous and mad at me, he was already slightly pi*ssed off that I insisted on the trip. (war don’t get in trouble, he now reads SOL) icon_razz.gif

I am thinking of buying th Domain name: nevervisitindia.com

^Afsoomaali amaad bartey? Ninko hand-helder fiican ma,aha.He should have atleast given you practice run by taking you to Dhakar or Chittigong.

Ibtisam   

^^^What do you mean maad bartitid? I do know it, I just don't want in aan xanto asaga, you are bad influence adigu hoorta. redface.gif

I'm not the type to be hand-held, not his fault really :D

Chimera   

He reads SOL?, just make sure he stays clear from the search engine and doesn't enter keywords like: baby, pregnant etc, you'll be allright lol

Originally posted by Cara.:

^What was happening exactly? The woman was not speaking American

Some crazy dude drove his car into a crowd of people(killing many), just put the words: koninginnedag aanslag in googlesearch and google will translate the news stories for you automatically.

B   

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

I did not want the Bengali to get jealous and mad at me

Wasnt you asking me just a week ago why people would be jealous of me. :D:D

Ibtisam   

Adam, he kept asking me what the project was and all the codes. I told the truth, walalo ayan naahey and waxad live garesa Hargisa with my step hooyo :Dicon_razz.gif:D

B, I am not complaining about people being jealous of me in general. I am talking about my kusband having issues with Indian men as Che was suggesting. Learn to read the context young one :D

^^^What do you mean maad bartitid? I do know it, I just don't want in aan xanto asaga, you are bad influence adigu hoorta.
redface.gif

Af-Soomaaligaaga marax uu sii noqdey.I was asking if you taught him Somali. If you didn't he has no clue when we communicate with you in Somali.

I think Adam hada kudhaama :D

I'm not the type to be hand-held,

That's what every woman says till qoobsagaaro lagu qabto

LoooooooL@Ibti-I just reread what you wrote. I didn't say Bengali would have issues with Indians. I said you have to be in India long enough to learn how to deal with them.

Ibtisam   

Loool @ Marax uu sii noqdey, that is because I know speak Hindi and better Bengali, but Somali is getting less practise :(

Comeone you would be mad to think of me as the hand-held crew. Seriously. :D

B   

Adam, he kept asking me what the project was and all the codes. I told the truth, walalo ayan naahey and waxad live garesa Hargisa with my step hooyo
:Dicon_razz.gif:D

B, I am not complaining about people being jealous of me in general. I am talking about my kusband having issues with Indian men as Che was suggesting. Learn to read the context young one
:D

I didn't know you were married! That is excellent to hear! of course a Somali man wouldn't tolerate indains prying their eyes all over his priced possession! :D